football game chest bumping

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mac

VR.org Supporter
Supporting Member
Just a quick note. While watching the Packer game today a young guy came by after the Packers scored and we high 5'ed and chest bummed. I didn't even give it a thought that my chest was just cracked open 7 weeks ago.
LOL, maybe not the smartest thing to do. Before the next score I told him a high 5 will be just fine. Bummer the Packers lost.

I saw your post about this on the other area. Yow! Maybe you were wearing a down coat or some such which cushioned the blow? Where was your hospital-issued heart pillow, ha ha! In any event you survived it, so keep on healing, but avoid chest bumps for awhile please!

Not wise!!! I would avoid those.

My sternum was sore for hugs for a really long time. At about 3 months out my daughter (who is 5'11") is very strong and had learned fast just to take my cue on how hard to hug. Her best friend came home from college, and she is just a wee bit of a thing. We were very happy to say hello and she gave me the biggest, hardest hug. I thought I was going to die!!! My chest hurt for weeks after that hug!! Of course I didn't say a word.

So I guess if it isn't hurting, then maybe it was no big deal??

:D Marguerite

Latest posts

Back