Foot swelling

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChicagoMammy

I'm five weeks post op tomorrow. I've had on compression stockings almost 24/7 since a week after surgery because of a clot. Yesterday and today I was slightly less diligent and had the stockings off for 4-5 hours after a shower. Both days my left foot was slightly swollen. I presume it's been this way all along but I didn't know because of having the stockings on. How long does swelling last? Is it only in sone of us? I don't remember it from 8 years ago. I did have some mild water on the lungs but a normal amount post op. I also had very high pulmonary hypertension last appointment (two weeks ago) so I'm assuming it's that. I see my cardiologist tomorrow anyway so of course I'll mention it then.

IIRC, I had fluid retention for over a month post-op. It was bad enough that they had me taking Lasix (and potassium pills the size of golf balls - YUK!). It finally resolved, but to this day I gain a pound or two if I have a restaurant meal that is high in sodium (strip-mall Chinese food, anyone?).

Latest posts

Back