Follow up on my nephew Gabe

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jackie

I just received a call from my brother, the doctor had just finished talking to them. He had been in surgery for 11 hours. Because of the time they only took care of the tumor's near and on his Kidney. All of our prayers did help, he still has both of his kidneys. The rest of the surgery will have to come later. He will be having more chemo and then decisions will be made on further treatment.

Thank you for all you prayers.

HAPPY NEW YEAR

Thank you for your kind replys and prayers. I talked with my brother last night and he said Gabe was up walking. He was fully awake 2 hours after surgery. He is not looking forward to furter surgery but is very happy to be alive and still have two kidneys.

Just some encouragement...

Just some encouragement...

My daughter's ex-finace', Zack, 21, was diagnosed with testicular cancer last spring. He had been having difficulty breathing for months with some pain as well in the chest region. Turns out he had a grapefruit size tumor in his chest. My daughter flew with him on a medivac plane to Mayo where his diagnosis was confirmed. He started on an intense chemo schedule. Seems like it was five days straight - 24 hours a day IV - off five days, type deal. I know it was hard on him due to the intensity. Following the required chemo, turns out when he went back to Mayo b/c another round of chemo was necessary as was exploratory surgery - open chest. The great news is he is doing just fine, prognosis is excellent and is back in school finishing up his senior year at Marshall. He's been accepted into WVU's dental program for this fall.
Funny how life is...he was around me during my OHS and my chemo during my lymophoma scare and he always said it took such a strong person to deal with those things. Turns out he's pretty darn strong as well.

I think when we hear cancer it is always such a blow. However, now we live in such a high tech world where cutting edge medical miracles are almost an every day occurence. At least in some cases.... Testicular cancer ...Zack was told....is curable. I would hang tight to Lance Armstrong's legacy as well as making sure your nephew starts his own!

Healing thoughts,
Debbi

Latest posts

Back