Follow up appt on Thursday

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

laurad37

Well I go for my 2 month follow up appt with cardio on Thursday. I am hoping to get some answers as to the whole lung/diaphragm problem. I am going to suggest to bring in a pulmonologist at this point because this is just getting ridiculous now. I feel worse with my SOB than I did before I had the surgery. I also want to see an xray from right after my surgery and the xray that will be done on Thursday to compare where the diaphragm was right after surgery when it was way up on my left lung and where it is now. When I talked to the cardiologist on the phone he said "we wouldn't notice a difference". That statement right there concerns me. I'm so sick of the "let's give it time BS, it will take 3-6 months to go back into place".... well this little lady is sick and tired of waiting to feel better. I would feel great if I could breath besides a little soreness in the chest and that pulled muscle which now seems so minimal in comparison to the SOB. GRRRRRR. Sorry I'm irritated and just want some answers from this doctor besides "wait 6 months and we'll figure it out then".

P.S. I am not taking any sharp objects with me that may harm anyone. LOL Wish me luck!!!!!!!!!!!

Well Laura, Can't say that I would blame you if you did take a sharp object to the appt. But prison time being what it is, I don't think it would be worth the bother. Anyway I hope they give you some straight answers. This "wait and see" stuff just doesn't cut it. How would those doctor's feel if it was their lungs not getting enough air? Good Luck My Friend:)

Dr's office just called... the appt has been rescheduled for Next Tuesday instead... I'm calling my family dr tomorrow and getting a reference of a good pulmonolgist. GRRRRRRRRRRRR

laura- hang in there honey. deep breaths. i know it is so annoying. you gotta just push them and be insistent- you know your own body better than they do.

good luck laura and i hope you get some answers. i can only imagine how frustrating it is being so short of breath after surgery. i would demand that they get to the bottom of it because i agree the wait and see mentality of some of these doctors is just ridiculous. but that because they haven't gone through it bunched with some arrogance i'm sure.

Me TOO!!! I'm with you 100%, girl! I get this too..."Oh, you feel shitty right now because you're in CHF, have moderately-severe TR as well as PH....but it will get better...don't worry until you're 6 months post op....these things happen." We'll see what they say when I tell them I went TOTALLY blind in my left eye yesterday for 2-3 minutes....WTH was that all about? Anyway, I can deeply empathize with your situation. Go in there strong and don't settle for passive answers like, "let's just wait and see." If I had done this in the past I'd be dead now. Best of luck to you and keep us posted! dee

I hope you can get some answers from the pulmonologist. It is very frustrating when doctors show a lack of concern. The best patient advocate is the patient.

Karl

Latest posts

Back