Flu right after surgery?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Danny

Has anyone ever gotten the flu right after there surgery? All my incisions look fine, no redness or swelling, and im getting that achy feeling like i do every year when i get the flu. Have a low fever also. Have an appointment with my cardio tomorrow, but called my surgeon also, he was fine with taking tylenol until my visit with the cardio tomorrow. Just nervous since i just had surgery, looking for any thoughts?

First, I have no experience with having the flu right after surgery.
Being that you are so soon out of surgery I would have to think that you are going to be watched by your doctors pretty closely. Don't be shy about bringing the subject up at your visits.

The low grade fever may be normal considering what you have just been through, I run one off and on for a few weeks after my ride, possibly just part of the healing process. Again, don't be shy about bringing this up at your appointments also.

Be well,

Rob

Hope it's not the flu. I kept feeling like I was getting some respiratory infection after surgery, but never panned out. Keep in touch with the docs about it.

Good luck.

They may want you to start tamiflu right away. It is best started ASAP when flu is suspected.

Hope you fell better.

Latest posts

Back