First Yearly Cardio Visit

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CanoeBob

Hi Everyone!

Just got back from my cardiologist appt, I'm 14 mths post op. His comment was "rock solid" as far as my heart is concerned, despite my best efforts on a few things to the contrary I ain't no saint in the recovery department. Focusing on the positive: I lost 30 lb in the past year and still keeping it off, thanks to Cookers Throwdown. The medication and diet changes have got me to the ideal cholestrol level. The blood flow is still 100%, my friend Arnold is functioning very well. The norm for my cardiologist is to see his valve replacement patients every year, in my case since I'm ok, it's every two. Stress test and echo every year though.

Back to keeping at those things to the contrary-I've tailed off on my exersize compared to what I was doing...that'll happen to me whenever I think things are ok. Wiarton Willie, Southern Ontario's Official Groundhog has declared an early spring, since there is no snow here and temperatures are above freezing perhaps I shall go out on my bike for a spin to start things off again.

Happy Trails

Bob

Canoe
Bike
Walk

WELL DONE BOB you are a Rock Star

images

Good for you Bob. I hope I get a similar report from my cardiologist in 6 months.
Speaking of springtime weather in Southern Ontario, I had robins in my backyard yesterday!! :)

Great news, Bob! I'm always glad to hear that members of The Class of 2011 are doing well.

I have seen my cardio a number of times for simple follow-up. I have my first annual echo in April - should be fine, too.

Latest posts

Back