First real test

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CRBennett

Got my new Edwards model 2700 25 mm aortic Bovine pericardial heart valve
installed on No. 16, 2005 and will giving it a real test for the first time tonight
when I will play badminton for the first time since before my surgery. Don't know what to expect. Has anyone had any problems with starting up playing tennis for an example?

Umm sorry, this won't be the first test. You already passed that one and that was after installation. If she worked then, she'll work just fine from here on out. ;)

Dick played tennis at 3 months- no problems. He started out just hitting with a friend, but was back to his regular daily doubles match within a week.

What is the rush?

Around here in SE Michigan the standard is 12 weeks post op before full activity.

Work into it gradually.

I had my AVR (Mosaic porcine) in early April of '04, and in August '04 was in the middle of a huge mudfield caused by a severely low tide, dragging a 17' rented boat loaded with clams and gear toward the rim of water at the edge. (I don't recommend this.:rolleyes: )

If anything was going to bust out, it would have been then.

I would work into it if you haven't been getting much exercise, but it will probably not take long.

Best wishes,

First Real Test

First Real Test

Thanks Bob H for your reply. I have been going to physical rehab for a couple of weeks now. As it worked out, I did pretty good at badminton and was really glad to get back. Other than a little soreness, I had no bad effects from playing.

Take Care,

Charlie B

Latest posts

Back