First Anniversary Dec. 23!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maryka

VR.org Supporter
Supporting Member
:):):cool:;)
My surgery was supposed to be Dec.22, 2008, but Duke Cameron had some emergency surgeries, so I went to Hopkins pre-dawn on Dec. 23. It was really cold and I walked the long walk from thr outpatient entrance through all the connecting buildings to the surgery area alone. (They are not used to loners like me, so my plasic bag of clothes was lost for a few days--found at last in the operating room I am told.) When I awoke at last--all tubes removed except the catheter & IV, the nurse asked what day it was. I said "late Dec 23?" which brought lots of laughs. The nurse said "It is Christmas eve!"

Anyway, too much snow this year to party. Iam just glad to "be here"!

Maryka:

Congratulations on your very special anniversary! The first one always seems more special -- knowing you've made it one year. After that, they seem to come so fast!!!!!!!!!

My first 6-month anniversary was on Christmas Eve, which was an extremely sentimental holiday that year, just knowing I wouldn't have made it to celebrate Christmas had I not gotten a "Timex" for a valve. :D

Congratulations on your First Anniversary. I agree, the first is really a big one.

Yesterday was six years for me having had my first OHS.

We are all so fortunate we live in a time when this surgery is not only possible but common.

Wishing you many, many more anniversaries.

Latest posts

Back