Finished..........Finally

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KAJ

Earlier today, I found out I officially completed all of the requirements for my Master in Education Degree from Jones International University. I majored in E-Learning Technology and Design. It was a very long grind but I am thankful it is now over:D :D :D .

I started in August of 2003 and kept taking classes without a break through January of 2005 while working full time. It was in January of 2005 that I learned that my aortic valve deteriorated so badly that it was time for surgery. At that time, I only needed three more classes to complete my degree. My plan was to start again shortly after I my discharge from the hospital. However, reality got the better of me. Upon my discharge, I realized there was no way I was mentally or physically ready to start classes again. Every part of me needed to rest and recover from surgery. I did not need the stress. I instead took the year off and started again this past March.

My family has sacrificed a great deal. They put up with my long hours of study time, and working on a multitude of very time consuming projects. They then had to deal with my recovery from surgery and then back to school again.

My degree will immediately start to pay off with a promotion. This past April, the promotion became a possibility with the opening of a position. However, because I had not completed my degree, I was not eligible. My boss (with approval from his superiors), went way out of his way to keep the position open for me. Now that I have completed my degree, the paperwork will be started to ?officially? award me with the promotion. I am just so thankful for a very loving wife, children who basically did not have a father during that time and many family and friends who supported me during this period. I am truly blessed.:)

Karl

Congratulations, Karl! One of the nicest things about your post is how much you appreciate your family- congratulations to them too!!

Congratulations to you and your family on this big accomplishment!

Karl, I am just so thrilled for you. Having seen my own family and its children reach an important goal such as yours, it swells the heart in pride. We, here in VR, can take that same pride in what you have done and the sacrifices you, your lovely wife and children, your parents, have made to get here. I wish you many more successes in your lifetime. Never forget to thank your wife for her very important part in all of this. I have been where she has been and it is truly a co-accomplishment.

Congratulations Karl on a job well done. Full time job, full time parent, part time student isn't easy. Glad things are going along in the right direction for you and the family.

Latest posts

Back