Finally out of hospital.

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

irel

VR.org Supporter
Supporting Member
Retired in Carleton Place, Ontario, CANADA Small t
Had my surgery on monday and returned home yesterday. New valve and a couple of bypasses. I was in the OR for 8 hrs as there was an issue with my blood in the heart lung machine, which was too thin - this was found after I had been closed up. They gave me two pints of blood as I needed the blood platelets for thickening. It worked. I received a Pericardial bioprosethesis Aortic Valve. As most will attest. the incision for the vein removal from my left leg/groin was somewhat painfull but it is the coughing - which I don't mind when there is some product at the end of misery. Anyway everything appears to have come along well and I start my rehab tomorrow. - Gord

Last edited:
Only 6 days in hospital after all that.....quite remarkable.
Don't be shy to contact your docs and/or nurse for anything that you are not sure about.
My home nurse was a Godsend in her knowledge and in her relaxed attitude to my worries.
Best wishes !

Glad your out and on your way to recovery.

Try being in ICU for 50 days, then tell me about it. :D

Heck, I wish any of my visits were 6 days or less.

Glad to hear that you are home, but sorry to hear about the bumps post-surgery. I, too was the recipient of a few pints of blood and plasma post-op...thank Goodness you didn't have to be opened up again! .

Hope that things smoothen out and stay 'bump free'. One day at a time....
wow...you're already starting rehab tomorrow.

Take things slooowwwllllyyyy....

All the very best

Hey Gord. Great to hear you are home. We've been thinking of you and hoping all went well. Don't expect to be leaping buildings in your rehab for a while!. Hopefully you got your "bumps in the road' out of the way during the surgery and will have smooth sailing from here. Please keep us updated with your progress. And.....welcome to our side of the mountain!!!!

Latest posts

Back