Finally I meet the criteria for POST!!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bluefields409

I am now day 6 post op. Was discharged from hospital late last night ( discharge time 9 am is a LIE !!). I didn't post in hospital as I decided not to get internet and although I asked husband to update from home on my behalf after surgery I couldn't remember old password, having changed during pre-op admission. He didn't want to get my account frozen for too many attempts ;)

Well, anyhow... glad THAT's done.:biggrin2:

Thanks to everyone who have shared their story as there were countless times when "things" cropped up I would think i remember reading about that.

And yes the best advise, BREATHE and get moving.

I will confess to being beyond sleep deprived but I think I will be better served in recliner tonight. Saw family dr and she has given a wee something to help sleep for the next while.

Will touch base again in a while. Again. THANK YOU !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wonderful to hear. Now you get to deal with the little issues but they should mostly fade over the next weeks. I found that sleeping in my own bed was a welcome change but I did use the recliner for my afternoon naps. Each of us must find our own comfy spots. Breathing and walking are simple things to do but the most important for awhile. Hopefully, you can enjoy your favorite foods and loving creatures. Be well.

Larry

Wow, sounds like you are moving right along! I didn't feel like posting for a full ten days. One of the IV sites has made my right hand tingly and sore. I'm still sleeping in my recliner 14 days out and loving it. Have made quite a little nest around it with much of what I need/enjoy. Added a 15 inch pvc extension to the lever and it is effortless to operate.

MrsBray has it figured out. Make sure you do what she says and stand up straight, and take time during the day to rest your "bowling ball" (head). If I had done that from the beginning I'd have saved myself from a lot of back pain!

Keep up the good work and post again when you feel like it.

Welcome to this side Helen, I was thinking about you yesterday and wondering how you got on. Congrats on getting home, and as mentioned above, walk walk walk and keep the sense of humour up. :)

Great that you already saw your family doctor so soon after surgery. We seem to be 'dumped' very quickly out of hospital (don't you think) and then it's down to local GP to take care of us and keep an eye on things.

Hope you're able to sleep a bit and get moving !

I will confess to being beyond sleep deprived...

Yeah, that was the worst. I'd sleep for an hour or two, then be up the rest of the night, just sitting there staring at the walls. Once I got home it started to improve, but it took probably another week before I was sleeping through the night.

Clay, I was just watching Frozen with my daughter! My exact sentiments to you bluefields409. Like everyone else said - rest, sleep, breathe, eat, walk - rinse and repeat.

Latest posts

Back