Finally home

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

annie10

Hello everyone! I finally got out of the hospital Saturday afternoon, and got home Sunday afternoon. The car ride wasn't as bad as I feared. In fact, I am feeling pretty good all over. The left two fingers of my left hand are still somewhat numb, which makes for interesting typing:) My hospital stay was too long (14 days) but on the whole I was treated well. Some of the nurses were wonderful, some were so-so, and one I refused to let care for me again. I must admit, by about day 12 I was losing my sense of humor. My veins were starting to protest all the attention, and I finally had to ask them use the tiniest of butterfly needles to check my heparin levels. I am so very grateful my sister could stay with me during the entire stay. She is one of the funniest people I know, and I'm sure laughing with her helped make the ordeal more tolerable.
Am I on the list for TOOTS? Who should I send my address to?

Welcome home Annie!

I know what you mean about your veins in protest. We had a nurse that would come in at 5am to draw blood, I nicknamed her 'the vampire' because it was still dark when she showed up. :) Humor really helps get us through.

Wishing you a speedy and uncomplicated recovery.

Ruth

So glad you are home, Annie and feeling good enough to think about the tawdry shirt! JKN2kids has one and in another thread was asking who was next. You may want to pm with your address. If it has already been sent off to someone else, he can tell you who to ask. Best wishes for a speedy recovery and we look forward to hearing more.

So glad to hear that your doing well! I hope you continue to have a great recovery! :)

May your recovery be as uneventful as Noel's...he amazed them all by walking a mile 10 days post-op. And he's really staying with it now and you will be too very soon. Take care and the best in the days ahead!

WELCOME HOME!

So GOOD to see you posting again!

Thoughts/prayers coming your way for a continued SUCCESSFUL recovery :).

Cort:33swm."Mr Monte Carlo.Mr Road Trip".pig valve.pacemaker
PICS:lego.HO.model.MCinfo.RT.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort
my radio show:CD SHOWCASE.7:30p central.Friday/April 20 = www.wrmn1410.com

Back