finally have a home test device

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

annamdg

Hi there :

I finally am a new owner of a CoaguChek XS as I read that was the latest model. It is so light and small. It came with 18 test strips so I am good for awhile. Also some capillary tubes. Is it weird that I am excited.

It'll be better than going to the hospital lab that is quite a ways where they jabbed me in the arm whilst pulling the needle in and out sometimes. And saying how my veins where tiny.

My question is ... has anyone used the Accu-Chek softclix and how painful is it ? It also came with a few coaguchek lancets ( blue and white ).

My Coagucheck XS came with a box of Accuchek softclix and they are working fine. The RN who trained me on device use (and I think the product instructions too?) said that it is best to use setting 5 on the little penlet lancet device. I hope that helps.

Hi there :

........... has anyone used the Accu-Chek softclix and how painful is it ? It also came with a few coaguchek lancets ( blue and white ).

Enjoy the freedom of home-testing :)

I did not like the softclix. I use the Accu-Check pricker I received at the hospital as a *discharge gift*. I buy lancets from Wallmart (100 for $6).

Annamdg
I can think of nothing better to be excited over than your first POC monitor. The XS is a dandy and such an improvement over the original "S".

I use the yellow lancettes, the white didn't provide enough blood. Tell me about the blue--I've never encountered them
Cheers

Hi Anna ~~ I use the little white lancettes and set my Accu-Check on 3.5 and it always works for me. You'll probably need to make a few trial runs to find the best setting for you. I guess it depends on how tough your skin is...but whatever, it's certainly more pleasant than a venous draw...ouchie..!

Back