Finally getting a monitor!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kerri73

I've been on this board for 4 years now, and that's when I first learned about home testing and just didn't think that my doctors would ever approve of it. Then I finally asked about it last year, went through the application process, and the company told me my monitor would cost over $700 after insurance. Didn't feel like sucking it up and didn't order.

Applied again this year, and the company I'm using says since my deductible and out of pockets have all been met (thanks to having surgery and being in the hospital a while) my INRatio2 will be free! Yay! (After having so many sticks over the month I was in the hospital, I probably would have paid any price to get one, though) :)

I can't put into words how excited I am, and I'm sure I'll be back for advice and questions... but it will be so nice to not have to physically go to the hospital and have a needle stick 1, 2 or 3 times, depending on how nice my veins would like to play that day! :)

Kerri

Veins are never happy. Last week I got jabbed 3 times before they got it right :(

But Oh Boy, Do I know how you feel.
Time for a Happy Dance.
(sorry I missed this - 4 days ago)

Latest posts

Back