Filler Up....Not

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I repeat ?. It is a supply and demand situation ?. If people see a chance to make an extra buck they do ? I don?t care what they call it ? it is like scalping tickets ? wrong yes but unfortunately it seems like it is the American way?.:(

Just got this from the market.....oil is $94.76 right now.....dropping $6.37 since Friday....so how come gas is up to $3.69.9 in Virginia?????? It went up 20 cents a gallon over the weekend. Something is rotten in Denmark, as my Mother used to say.

Evelyn

The tax on gasoline in Arizona is 37.4 cpg including the 18.4 cpg federal tax and the tax on diesel is 52.4 including the federal tax. 1 cpg UST tax. Use class vehicles pay an additionsl 9cpg for diesel. We filled up last Thursday at Costco in Tucson for 3.37.9 per gallon.
Jim

Oil closed at $95.69, so gas should be around $3.00 a gallon, not $4. Supply and demand? No, fattening someones pocket book? YES.

Light Sweet Crude Oil NOV-2008 95.69 -5.56 97.69 95.50 95.69 09/15 11:29am

It now costs $1.43/litre here. That translates to approx. $5.72/US gallon. Stop yer yowlin'. My CooperS costs 1.53/litre, but it goes faster because of it ;).

We Aussies must get our petrol from the same guys as you Canadians:D...ours is also around $1.50 a litre...that equals more than $100.00 to fill my Holden Commodore :(.

We only dream of buying fuel at US prices...Imagine how bad it will be when you guys have to pay $6.00 a gallon :eek:

Tonight on Glenn Beck, (CNN) it was stated that oil prices have fallen 35%, prices at the pump 7%.

I read in the paper today that prices around the country have gone up 10% since Friday. For Texans, our increase has only been about 15 cents, although since there's no gas, I'm not sure it matters.

In another place it said the increase has been 16.7 cents per gallon since Friday, but more in some of the Southern states.

In Canada, the excise tax on gas varies by province and municipality and as of 2006 was around 60 cents per gallon to over a dollar per gallon. Some provinces charge sales tax on top of that, so you can blame your government for the high prices. How else would they pay for your "free" healthcare? ;)

The taxes in Australia are confusing to me, but they also charge excise tax and sales tax, so I'm sure it's high. I think they also charge higher taxes for people that drive vehicles that use lots of gas. I know in New Zealand the tax is over $2.00 per gallon.

We Aussies must get our petrol from the same guys as you Canadians:D...ours is also around $1.50 a litre...that equals more than $100.00 to fill my Holden Commodore :(.

We only dream of buying fuel at US prices...Imagine how bad it will be when you guys have to pay $6.00 a gallon :eek:

Yeah but hon, the offset here is the cost of living. A stinking gallon of milk is as much or more then a gallon of gasoline. Prices are out of sight and no where near in line with what the average American wage earner makes.

Hmmm............. So the American oil companies don't play fair with the public and prices continue to rise as do the protests in an election run up.

Gas prices become an election issue.

One of the VP candidates would like to ride roughshod over environmental concerns and liberate Alaskan oil reserves for continued cheap gas.

Now call me cynical, but the oilmen are aligned with which party???

Bonzo, haven't you heard? DRILL, DRILL, DRILL!:mad:

Get with the program already.

Jim

But where to drill and how to access drilling rights?

Top four oil reserve countries are

1. - Saudi Arabia
2. - Canada
3. - Iran
4. - Iraq
NB USA is 11th on the reserves list.

Well 1, 2 and 4 seem taken care of. Again consider me cynical, but might 3 be in certain peoples sights??

Gas in Georgia this morning for regular was 4.09 to 4.59 depending on what station you went to. I don't understand. I know Hurricane Ike went through the oil rigs but from what I understand it didn't do that much damage to them. Last Thursday I filled up for 3.58 a gallon for regular. Oh yeah and to add insult to injury the stock market dropped over 500 points. They said it could take years to recover. Well, my husband and I retire in less than 2 years. Guess we move all our money to the fixed and draw that small interest. Isn't the government pushing for everyone to fund their own retirement? Well, thats hard to do right now when gas and groceries takes your whole check.

the moment the word hurricane pops up, everyone rushes to the gas pumps. We are also contributing to the 'shortage' ourselves - in panic.

in Fl. we pay 51.6 in taxes. Now, ain't that awful.

so wha hoppen to Iraq paying us back - ?? they could, you know, they have plenty of oil......

drill? Not on our coast if we can help it.

drill? Not on our coast if we can help it.

Yeah but hon, there are other countries drilling on our coast as it is, why not lift the ban and get going? Alaska's Prudhoe Bay has lots of oil to be had and there is yet even a larger find inside the states. We could be self dependent and self sufficient if we must.

yes, there are many places to drill that would not hurt much of anything, but Florida's economy depends on the beaches. It's our only industry. as a kid the water was pristine; as an adult, there came huge blobs of oil in the Miami Beach shore water (from ships in the Atlantic, I guess) that was impossible to get off and as an old person, I have no idea because haven't been to beach in many years. According to advertisements the panhandle Emerald Coast beaches are advertised as 'the most beautiful beaches in the world' and as Floridians we really don't want to finish off our economy in the state. Governor Bush refused his brother about drilling off the Florida shore. Then he changed his mind and I believe our current governor will approve it eventually.

Yes, we need the u.s. oil and we can get it. Plenty of places but don't kill too much to get it or we are sunk.

Oh I agree wholeheartedly, it's just that why shouldn't we be where others already are? These are the very same countries giving us grief over oil too.

Hey guys - there is no rhyme or reason to anything. I have been without electricity since Sunday (due to the remnants of Ike) and can't get it back because all the excess crews were sent to Texas. Gas went up 50 cents a gallon for no reason. There are lines at the gas stations here because over 1 million homes/businesses lost power on Sunday and everyone is freaking out.

This is not a political thing; it's just life in a capitalistic country. I would not change it for all the tea in China (or any other similar quote). Until the supply of energy is increased nothing will change. We can complain all day long but fact is fact. And, BTW, a certain party has been in control for two years and the only thing that has changed is the price of gasoline (and it hasn't gone down). I do not believe this is something that can (or should) be government controlled.

Latest posts

Back