Feeling a little emotional now

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ged1975

Before I start I just want to say to Ross (admin) you can delete this thread in a day or so because I know I'll probably be feeling better as my emotions are a rollercoaster :eek:, I just need to vent my emotions now.

I'm pre-surgery and I just wanted to say that I'm currently feeling a little teary eyed tonight. It's nearly 3am here and I can't sleep. I was fine during the weekend but over the last couple of hours I'm just feeling a little emotional. I'm contemplating taking some lexotan tablets just to relax but I'm afraid if I take anti-anxiety tablets now then they won't be as effective when I need them.

Already I'm feeling a little better after this brief note. Thanks for reading. :)

p.s. Spring is in the air!

Ged, I think most of us who have had surgeries had nights like you are having tonight. I know I did. Hang tight...you'll have some days that are better, some that aren't. You'll get through them. If you have something to take and you need sleep tonight, take it. Just don't take it frequently and it'll still work when you need it.

Kim

Thanks Kim, in fact I just took 3mg of Lexotan now so hopefully I'll calm down a little.

((((Hugs))))

It's so normal for your emotions to be all over the place right now. Be good to yourself and do whatever you need to help yourself get through this. It really is the hardest part!!

A : )

Thanks A, already feeling better. The people on this site are fantastic and in some ways visiting this site is better than taking an anti-anxiety med.

Don't be too bashful about taking the meds though Ged. This is a seriously traumatic time you're going through and that's really what they're intended for. Acute anxiety.

Ged..... All of us who have awaited our surgeries had nights like you are having. I'm so sorry any of us have to endure this anxiety and stress but it's just the way it is. Do whatever you need to do to get through it. Your doc prescribed those meds for you to use. Try to use them as little as possible but when you need them, you need them. If anti-anxiety medications aren't intended for situations like this, what are they intended for?

Hang in. You'll do fine.

Don't be too bashful about taking the meds though Ged. This is a seriously traumatic time you're going through and that's really what they're intended for. Acute anxiety.

I need to hear that Duff Man :), I don't know why but I always feel guilty about taking anti-anxiety meds because in a strange way I kinda feel I'm cheating by numbing myself. I dunno maybe it's just the way I was brought up but can anyone else identify what I mean?

Ged

Sometimes you just have to be able to turn things off even if it takes a pill to do it. You know when that is needed so follow your inclinations.

Wishing you well.

Thanks for all your supportive posts guys. I'm feeling nicely tired now so will go to bed.

I'll log on tomorrow. Night all.

Ged hang in,i just had surgery jan22 and at times at drop of a hat,

no reason i will cry,it sure feels better for whatever reason.

our bodies have surrealed a trauma and all those nice free drugs

like to take their toll on us.

hope this makes you feel somewhat better,we all deal with it.

Hugs to you too ,it shall pass:),but your not alone.

zipper2 (DEB)

Hang in there, Ged, this will pass. I've had times when I've cried like a baby, and been on edge and up in the middle of the night. It comes with the territory. I'm nine weeks post AVR and it does get better. It's tough at times, even now. Perfectly natural given the circumstances. Don't feel guilty for taking the medication you need. No different than taking cold medicine or an antibiotic when needed. The brain is no different. Remember, you have friends here who are rooting for you and keeping you in our prayers and thoughts.

I wish I could fly to Ireland tonight and give you a hug. But, I guess a cyber hug will have to do the trick. (((hugs)))

I went through the emotional rollercoaster more after my surgery than I did before. But, pre-surgery there were times when I'd break down (privately, so as not to further worry my already-worried family, especially the Hubster). I think I cried the most after I'd spent the evening with an old friend and gotten so short of breath just walking around a shopping center. I was frustrated, I was tired of waiting for the hospital to call me with a date, and I really just wanted my surgery over with.

Hang in there, Ged. And please don't feel bad about venting. We all do it either here or with our friends/family off line.

Best,
Debi (debster913)

Hey Ged:D:D
Hope that you were able to sleep away the sad feelings. It's raining in California right now, but I'm sending you hugs and sunshine anyway. Don't worry about venting, that is what friends are for. I too cried like a baby, but it was after my surgery. One day I just broke down in front of my daughter, she was sooo surprised cause usually I'm the solid no nonsense one of the family. But anyway, hang in there and don't be ashamed of your feelings or having to take your anti-anxiety meds once in a while. I think of you daily and pray that God keeps you safe in his hands.:)

I hope you had a good night's sleep. What you are going through is pretty normal. I remember the night before surgery watching the clock hands move ever so slowly. At that time I didn't worry about sleep since I knew I would be out most of the following day. It was one long night. I remember how supportive members here on VR were to me and how I appreciated it. It made a difference being able to "talk" with others who had been through similar circumstances. Don't feel bad about taking medications. It is for what they are designed. Do use this time for other important things though.. Do some deep soul searching and make time to get alone with God and listen with your heart. We are all here supporting you as you go through this.

I need to hear that Duff Man :), I don't know why but I always feel guilty about taking anti-anxiety meds because in a strange way I kinda feel I'm cheating by numbing myself. I dunno maybe it's just the way I was brought up but can anyone else identify what I mean?

Ged
I know what you mean,alot of people feel this way. Not me though,I'm a big baby and take an advil,etc at the slightest discomfort:eek:. But it is not right that you should suffer needlessly.Sometimes the anxiety,etc will be short-lived and you can find other means to alleviate it,but when these don't
work for you please don't let yourself go thru pain/discomfort unnecessarily.
Sending good thought your way:)

hi Ged
i am in the same position as you ,where i just dont know how i am going to walk through those doors, i to have been very emotional at times and others feel like im ready and just wish it could all be over! , its an emotional rollercoaster but i keep reading on hear and it helps to see people coming through this with exactly the same worries but all agreeing the wait is the worst part, i am trying to hold that thought!!
i have the 5mg diazapam and i took my first one before i see the cardio on feb 10th and it did calm me down enough to talk to him without falling apart!!

Latest posts

Back