Fast food...

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
terryj said:
Ross, I love Sonics and there is one 3 miles from my job. I have never eaten anything there that was not good. But, I limit myself to twice a month. When they first opened I was going nearly everyday. They also serve breakfast. Bad for you but soooo good.

we have one, but I haven't eaten there at all. what you haven't tried, Ross, you don't miss. Don't cry!

Ross said:
Bonzo Dog can you describe the taste? I'm interested in trying some curry and indian cooking, but hesitate because I'm not sure I can deal with the spices.

Some task there Ross! How to describe the taste of a whole sub continents cooking? This guide to Indian. regional cooking may help. It does though omit Pakistan and Bangladesh, both significant contributors to UK currys.

http://www.enfieldfoods.com/india.html

Where do I start, from mild creamy slightly spiced taste of a Korma maybe, through coconut based dishes, garlic, ginger, onion, corriander, cumin, cardomen; all can figure, or not as the case may be. Some eat with rice, some with roti, nann and chapatti (all flatbreads) Chillies figure in some dishes, lots of chillies in a few. It is a misconception that all Indian food is hot. Savoury underpins it.

In a good cook to order place, either the menu will give you a guide to the spice content, or the waiter will advise and tailor your dish to your tastes.

So Ross nothing ventured nothing gained. You could try North Olmstead, there is the Flavors of India recently known as Kashmir Palace. Know nothing about it just found it on Google. Maybe there is somewhere nearer to you.

Cooking at home? Madur Jaffery is worth checking out. She has many splendid recipe books.

Thank you. We have this new place, Bombay Sitar that opened not too long ago and I'm having a hard time pulling in there to try the food. Might have too now, huh? They have weird hours of operation. About all I can see getting to is dinner.

http://www.bombaysitar.com/

You mean to tell me that since I am popping 5 pills a day to lower the heart rate, assist the blood flow, and lower the cholesterol that I can't eat and drink like a college kid everyday/night. My cardio is not going to be happy. :D

I know it's hard when we are busy during the week and lazy on the weekend but like everyone said...moderation is the key.

Ross said:
Thank you. We have this new place, Bombay Sitar that opened not too long ago and I'm having a hard time pulling in there to try the food. Might have too now, huh? They have weird hours of operation. About all I can see getting to is dinner.

http://www.bombaysitar.com/

We have a restaurant in our town called Bombay Brazier. It's really quite good; expensive though. If it's any indicator of this type of food, my opinion would be "pretty tasty."

Well...Fast Food In My Area Takes On A WHOLE NEW MEANING....

Well...Fast Food In My Area Takes On A WHOLE NEW MEANING....

The restaurants fling the food at you right through the drive through, demand payment (rude attitude most definitely included) and refuse to acknowledge your thank you, or for that matter, they don't thank the customer. Otherwise, I am with Ross...A nice, greasy burger is good for the soul once in awhile...but not 24/7....Harrybaby:D :p :D

Ross - You will need to move to the south to find Sonic. Mostly. Believe they may have moved to other regions? We had them in Memphis. I was hooked on the Cherry Limeade. Comes in diet. Which is like an adult kiddie cocktail. Cherries and all:D I did venture in while we were in FL. It was darn good too!

Anyway, we have fast food once a month. If that. There are healty choices you can make at most establishments. My family will order the fries and I grab myself a couple...just for the taste. Crazy I know. If I were to eat the way I want...would be overweight. Not willing to go there. Plus...it's not healthy! Keep trying to tell my family the same thing! Hubby is finally getting it. Pants are tight, lol.

When I booked my flight for this weekend's trip to Philadelphia, I chose a connecting return flight through Chicago's O'Hare airport.
Just so I could eat a Bavarian cream-filled doughnut at the Dunkin' Donuts' kiosk at the airport there. We get mostly Krispy Kremes at home in Dallas-Fort Worth (and I don't care for Krispy Kremes).

Not the first time I've chosen connecting flights to get in a visit to a Dunkin' Donuts spot. :D

It's 6:30 p.m. EDT right now and I'm starved! I'm due to go out with a group to dinner -- sometime tonight, at least I hope it will be this century. It will definitely be FAST food tonight -- the food won't stay on my plate long enough to be seen. It will be gone FAST.

Latest posts

Back