Exercise and INR readings.

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

katiewintle

Hi all I celebrated my birthday on the 30th September and my husband got me a wii fit which I am loving using. It's making me want to exercise more as I am usually a couch potato.

Now I had my flu jab done on Tuesday 4th October and went for a blood test and it was 3.3 which is normal for me as my range is between 3-4 ideally 3.5. I went again last Friday 15th October and it had shot up to 4.5, no would this be the cause of the flu jab or doing exercise on the wii fit? I have got to go back again this Friday (22nd October) for a retest. I was also due to have a filling done tomorrow but have had to cancel due to my INR being high. Got my heart check up on Tuesday too, 1st one since October 2009.

Just after advice really.

Thank you in advance

Katie
xxx

I don't think anybody here has reported higher INRs due to the flu shot, and some people do report a lower INR with a sudden increase in exercise. You have got me stumped ! Are you drinking enough fluids?
Also a 4.5 is nothing to get excited about....see if it goes up or down on Friday.

Exercise has very little effec on mine....not sure about the flu, but have never noticed any INR effect. However, since I started flu shots 10-15 years ago, I don't get serious flus. I also would not have canceled a dental filling due to the 4+ INR, since very little, if any, bleeding would be involved.

Impact factors

Impact factors

I've never done the flu shot thing and can't remember the last time I had the flu. This said, I can't imagine why a flu shot would impact INR.

With regards to exercise, my INR does fluctuate with exercise. The more exercise I do, the more my metabolic rate speeds up and my INR drops. I've never personally experienced a rise that's related to exercise.

Monitor, monitor, monitor...

-Philip

I agree with all of the above comments.
For most of us, exercise causes INR to drop slightly.
Maybe you had an erroneous test result.

Personally, I would not have cancelled the Dental appointment to get a filling.

'AL Capshaw'

Latest posts

Back