Evil Amiodarone

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
and it's use for this has become popular in some centers and is especially popular in Europe.
I can only speak for Germany. Well, it depends. My Father got Amiodarone twice for only a few days and in two very urgent cases. The doctors always told us, that he should only get Amiodarone for an absolute maximum of five days in a row (I don't know the daily dose). But I also recently met a guy at a forum with cardiac arrhythmia, whose cardiologist (not in hospital) told him to take Amiodarone for over four months now. And he told me that it did not even make anything better the last months. So the doctor now decided that he should take tree times the dose - because "his Amiodarone-level is too low". I told him to watch for another cardiologist, just to get another opinion.

As you can see, it depends on the doctor how they deal with Amiodarone.

Amiodarone is poison (even my cardiologist said so), but it's one of only a couple of drugs prescribed for A-fib. I had to take it for 3 mos. & man, was I thrilled to get off it.

Latest posts

Back