Ernie Update

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WendyD

Hi there,
Ernie's cardioversion went really well.
His heart rate went from 150 down to 80
He lost 3 kilograms overnight, after an intravenous diuretic,the fluid in and around his liver has gone,his legs look a lot better and the puffiness in his face has gone.They have doubled his betablockers, given him potassium tablets and told us to keep an eye on his temperature and weight.
I forgot to mention that when he started to feel ill on Friday morning he changed GPs,and went to see my one, who I feel is a lot more thorough.
I'm really pleased we did.

So hopefully things will settle.
Thanks for all the messages.
Kindest wishes to you all
Ernie & Wendy

I'm glad to hear that Ernie is doing so much better. I pray that he will continue to make great progress.
Mary

THANKS, Wendy, for letting us know. I would be interested in hearing from time to time how his cardioversion is holding. I think it's wonderful that there is such a thing to shock the heart into rhythm.

Good morning!

So glad to hear that things went well. Prior to surgery, my husband was also cardioverted. Worked really well. For four days. Then, he got up in the morning, and to the ER we went. Back into a-fib, where he has been ever since, except for about two days after the surgery, when they got him back into sinus rythm. Reverted back into a-fib. Not saying this will happen to YOUR man, but it does happen. And, truly, it is not the end of the world. You can live with a-fib. - I will certainly pray that his works.....permanently!
Marybeth

Latest posts

Back