Endocarditis signs and symptoms

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Headaches and the fever has gone away. I've had an MRI of the head and an echocardiogram. The results from the blood cultures after five days were negative. I'm scheduled to see the infectious disease doctor and they scheduled the MRI of the head and CT of the chest. I'm still curious as to what was going on as this is happened before. But for now it seems to have gone away. I am looking at taking probiotics and CO Q 10. The first was suggested by my GP and the second by my veterinarian.

Hey Greg

gregjohnsondsm;n857678 said:
Headaches and the fever has gone away. I've had an MRI of the head and an echocardiogram.

that's good to hear :)

The results from the blood cultures after five days were negative.

depending on what bacteria is involved that may not be enough time to be certain. I know in my case it took over 7 days (somehow my memory is 9). Also if you had had any antibiotics before blood samples were taken you will probably not get any positives in the blood samples.

I'm scheduled to see the infectious disease doctor and they scheduled the MRI of the head and CT of the chest.

that's good to hear.

..The first was suggested by my GP and the second by my veterinarian.

:bigGrin: ... sometimes I reckon the vets know more about things than the GPs. A fellow I know was correctly diagnosed with a cyst on his lung just days before the doctors wanted to remove a "cancer".

He got the cyst (a reproductive phase of a parasite) from food he'd eaten in Asia.

gregjohnsondsm;n857678 said:
Headaches and the fever has gone away. I've had an MRI of the head and an echocardiogram. The results from the blood cultures after five days were negative. I'm scheduled to see the infectious disease doctor and they scheduled the MRI of the head and CT of the chest. I'm still curious as to what was going on as this is happened before. But for now it seems to have gone away. I am looking at taking probiotics and CO Q 10. The first was suggested by my GP and the second by my veterinarian.

Well that's very good.

Regarding blood cultures, I had a positive after 24 hours but yes it varies.

Latest posts

Back