Eight years ago

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congratulations Sherry!

Congratulations Sherry!

Sherry, congratulations on being eight years post surgery and doing so great! I only wish you well in the coming years.

I am intrigued with your talking about left shoulder and back pain and chest wall pain. I am in another (very light) bout of chest wall pain, which seems to be localized to my left shoulder and it also feels as if my heart will pound out of my chest! However, I have recently been diagnosed with a hiatal hernia and have read that hiatal hernias can mimick heart pain and also, there is pain in a person's left shoulder with a hiatal hernia.

I have had four episodes of very bad chest wall pain since last November - usually after doing something physically exertional, but a few times after doing "nothing" at all physical.

It sounds like you are describing the same thing that I have. I see my cardiologist on Monday, the 20th for my 1-1/2 year post surgery checkup. I have yet to ask this particular cardiologist about my symptoms - I hope that he will have an answer for me.

Again, CONGRATULATIONS!!

Christina L.

Hi Sherry,

Many many more! Congratulations. See you in Vegas :p

Sherry said:
Hello, All. Eight years ago today, I was in surgery getting my new St. Jude's clicker. It's so nice to put another year behind me. Plus, I'm so blessed to be a part of this wonderful community of heart patients and spouses. :) :) Thanks to all of you for making this forum what it is: a great place to become empowered about our conditions, a great place to offer support to newbies, and a great place to make friends.

Latest posts

Back