Edwards gets some new approvals- Hope for ViV TVAR

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ALLBETTERNOW!

Always encouraging to read new advancements, AllBetterNow! Thanks for sharing.
My surgeon wasn't too encouraging about me ever being a candidate for future valve in valve TVAR mostly because of the small size of my bioprosthetic aortic valve.
It would be interesting to know what they used as a minimum 'cut off' size for this group of patients to be eligible for this procedure.

I wonder what were the bioprosthetic valves the patients had who were given the Sapien TAVR ? Also what size as ottagal says. I couldn't get a link to the origianl data which would have detailed pateints' characteristics etc, just the newsy article saying how successful it was.

Paleogirl;n859436 said:
I wonder what were the bioprosthetic valves the patients had who were given the Sapien TAVR ? Also what size as ottagal says. I couldn't get a link to the origianl data which would have detailed pateints' characteristics etc, just the newsy article saying how successful it was.

Yeah this was more geared towards their stock price. It will be interesting to see the data, I think size will matter but who knows which is why I said Hope, not victory here. I think the biggest hurdle will be getting permission to use on healthier patients and truly challenge OHS as the gold standard whether as a first or redo or valve in a valve not as a last resort . Safety first I guess!! I have an edwards manga so I am selfishly hoping that they are making the new valves to work with their existing offerings. I think I am 23 or 27 mm size which is, I think on the larger size. I will have to check my card. it is something I should know ! 27 mm it is....

Latest posts

Back