ED and Coumadin

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gary Miller

Excuse me ladies. Ok guys this is something I have been wondering about for the last year and a half. Having been on ACT for 3+ years now, the bedroom has gotten progressively worse. At 64 I'm not ready to throw in the towel yet! I've always had a suspicion that the amount of Coumadin I take daily (11.5 mg) might have some rare side effects. I found a site that men had attributed their problem to Coumadin and if they were able to stop taking it and their normal functions returned. With the millions of men on ACT and a small web site with a hundred or so complaints its hardly proof but its worth looking into. Any thoughts or incite on this one?

It looks to me as if warfarin is a convenient reason for some of these guys to blame for ED.

I had my AVR when I was 41 years old. For me, with the improved blood flow and ability to maintain somewhat higher pressure, things at that time actually got BETTER. The coumadin didn't seem to have any effect on this.

I think the problem that many men are having may have more to do with the natural changes that ht us as we get older.

L-Arginine, avaiable all over the place, can help by increasing the body's ability to use Nitric Oxide (or, perhaps, it increases the ability to make NO2 or something). This may help. Bioidentical testosterone - available by prescription from doctors who know about hormonal management may help. There's even some talk about Tribulus and Pine Pollen tinctures being used to increase testosterone levels. I'm not suggesting that you try any of these -- but if you're like me, and probably all men in our age group (I'm 64 for a few more days), your testosterone level is a lot lower than it was when you were in your 20s, and I suspect that coumadin had little or no effect on THAT. And THAT is probably a better reason for ED than coumadin.

Hi

there have been quite a few threads on that, and each time it has been observed that warfarin has nothing to do with it (and is not implicated in any way scientifically) but attitude , anxiety and personal hangup has everything to do with it.

If you talk your self down you'll go down, if you concern yourself with the now (and you may insert your own mental images) you'll do just as fine as you ever did :)

A bit off subject, shortly after surgery I was put on a mild BP med to aid the beta blocker in "keeping my heart quiet". The med made me cough terrible so my cardio wrote me a script for a new one and said start taking it at night instead of morning. Without thinking I took it that night instead of waiting till the next day so I guess I had too much in me. Got up to pee bout 2am and passed out and split my head open. Girlfriend got me to the bed and if I tilted my head just a tad the room would spin. Wellllll, for whatever reason I " rose to the occasion".....for over FOUR hours! I said we can go to the hospital later if you want but we're not waisting this. ER doc chewed me out later for waiting and said I could have done damage and I said "oh.....I did some damage..... 4 hours worth. My girlfriend and I were laughing uncontrollably and the doc thought we were demented.

Latest posts

Back