Echocardiogram 6 years out

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Christina L

I have a preliminary report (per phone conversation with the nurse) regarding my echocardiogram last week. I am 6 years now post mitral valve repair by Dr. Cosgrove in Cleveland. Good news overall - the valve is still not showing any signs of leaking but it is still mildly stenosed but the stenosis is still considered mild and has not changed in 2 years. There was no chamber enlargement, no right heart enlargement (I have sleep apnea but am on a CPAP). My left atrial size is 4.12 cm or thereabouts. I can't remember the exact measurement but it was 4.1 which surprised me as I thought it had been 4.3. I forgot to ask about the ejection fraction but the nurse seemed excited for me as she knew I was keyed up and nervous - I will know more details about my heart function next Wednesday when I see my cardiologist.

There is still the question of the runs of arrhythmia that I had a few weeks back that I suspect to be atrial fibrillation. I expect my cardiologist to put me on a Holter monitor or just to wait for another episode. I think I will choose the latter.

The cardiologist I guess was very glad to see that the valve repair is still holding tight, albeit a bit too tight. :)

Thank you everyone for your thoughts and prayers, especially you, Betty. You're too sweet.

Christina L

Thanks all -

Thanks all -

I forgot to mention - no PH which I was concerned about.

Ross, I have faith that I will live forever, hopefully many more years here and then somewhere in the great beyond. ;)

Christina L

Great News!

I'm so happy for you. :)

I understand being nervous, I feel the same way, hoping that the repair holds.

Best,
Ruth

Latest posts

Back