echo after avr

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

caterb85

I was just wondering how many of you had a echocardigram after your surgery. My husband only had a x-ray 6 weeks after. Sees card. in oct. How unusual is this?

Most cardiologists like to do echos at least yearly to check and see how the valve is doing. Some, like mine, do them at 6 months after surgery, but not all. Bring it up on the next visit.

I asked for an echo because I was afraid something was wrong. I had a lot of tachycardia. They were not going to do an echo for a year. The echo was fine. The ablation took care of the tachycardia. The echo gave me piece of mind that the AVR was ok. If you want one tell them to do an echo. If no problems, I guess yearly is what they do???? See what others say. I just insisted. Glad I did.

Deb

I had an echo about 4 months after surgery - just to make sure all was well. I think a post-surgery echo is pretty common.

My cardio ordered an echo four months after surgery and told me they will now be annual........unless some reason for sooner.

I have had 3 echos at 3 months post op. I had one the day I was discharged from the hospital, one 2 weeks later at my local cardios office and then the last one about a month ago when I got an infection. My Dr. was going to do another one week before last at my 2.5 month check but said he felt comfortable not doing another one now. I will go back in 6 months and have one then.

I had one 3 weeks post-op, mainly since I had had a vision problem which got everyone worked up. That was one of several things they did to rule out bad stuff going on. I don't know what the schedule will be in the future.

I was originally scheduled for an echo at 6 months but ended up getting several before then due to pericardial fluid complications. Then I had one at around the one year mark and now annually going forward.

I had an echo 5 days after the surgery (right before I was released from the hospital), then my next one was 11 months afterwards.

I had an echo at 6 weeks for my Cardio and at around 12 weeks my Surgeon ordered one of those amazing 3D Ct scans...

echo

echo

Do you think it is odd that he is 7 months post op and hasn't had one yet? He has had his pacemaker checked several times and wore a holter moniter about 8 weeks post op. Has pacemaker checked in another 2 weeks.

Latest posts

Back