Drink Wine?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I entirely agree with Mike too an it is also why it is so hard to make
any general recommendations. I am a big tall guy(Viking you know!)
and I probably hardly feel the effect of 2 drinks, where somebodyelse
petite might be a bit tipsy!

So find your own comfort-zone, relax & enjoy!

/
Martin

allodwick said:
Macrobiotics pose a problem with warfarin. The bacteria produce vitamin K. This will cause a need for an increased warfarin dose and potentially high INRs if you do not consume the same amount of bacteria consistently.

Allodwick,

nahhhh...I'm not a macrobiotic purist in any sense of the word, but my version of it just means going organic, and eating lots of whole foods and not processed foods. Lots of rice and beans, fresh veggies, fruit, low sugar and salt. Nothing too extreme. I'm a vegetarian as well, so eating like that is not a problem for me. :D

LB

LadyBlue said:
Allodwick,

nahhhh...I'm not a macrobiotic purist in any sense of the word, but my version of it just means going organic, and eating lots of whole foods and not processed foods. Lots of rice and beans, fresh veggies, fruit, low sugar and salt. Nothing too extreme. I'm a vegetarian as well, so eating like that is not a problem for me. :D

LB
I ate just about everything organic when I lived in California because of a great store called "Whole Foods". We do not have much organic foods worth eating here in Ohio. There are some and I eat organic whenever I can. I am allergic to many processed foods so I have to be really careful.
I sure miss my mostly organic foods.

geebee said:
I ate just about everything organic when I lived in California because of a great store called "Whole Foods". We do not have much organic foods worth eating here in Ohio. There are some and I eat organic whenever I can. I am allergic to many processed foods so I have to be really careful.
I sure miss my mostly organic foods.

I hear you. Whole Foods ( the market) was kind of "born" in the Boston area from a small, hippy chain called Bread & Circus in Cambridge. I am so glad to have access to them, they are great for healthy eating for sure! Where in Ohio are you? Whole Foods is on the march so go on thier website and see if there may be one put up in your area anytime soon! Also, there are other chains popping up based on organic/healthy foods. You should eat the best you can! :D

Hi All,

Completely off the subject of Warfarin, but I cannot resist commenting on ?Whole Foods?. I am in the process of moving and one of the real estate considerations is the proximity to a Whole Foods. I rather like the romantic story of WF arising from the original ?Bread & Circus?, however that is not the truth. Whole Foods Market (WFM) which was formed in 1980 acquired B&C (which itself was opened in 1975 was acquired by WFM in 1992. To read the entire history, go to http://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/company/history.html

LadyBlue said:
I hear you. Whole Foods ( the market) was kind of "born" in the Boston area from a small, hippy chain called Bread & Circus in Cambridge. I am so glad to have access to them, they are great for healthy eating for sure! Where in Ohio are you? Whole Foods is on the march so go on thier website and see if there may be one put up in your area anytime soon! Also, there are other chains popping up based on organic/healthy foods. You should eat the best you can! :D
Sorry to be off topic also (unless you consider that Whole Foods has great wines);) :D ;) . The only store in Ohio is in Columbus which is about 100 miles north of me. Might be worth the trip in good weather but, otherwise, a bit far.
I am still hopeful tho.

DrAllan said:
Hi All,

Completely off the subject of Warfarin, but I cannot resist commenting on ?Whole Foods?. I am in the process of moving and one of the real estate considerations is the proximity to a Whole Foods. I rather like the romantic story of WF arising from the original ?Bread & Circus?, however that is not the truth. Whole Foods Market (WFM) which was formed in 1980 acquired B&C (which itself was opened in 1975 was acquired by WFM in 1992. To read the entire history, go to http://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/company/history.html

Ahhhhh ok....so I crossed my wires a bit...:eek: ..I'm not totally wrong tho. WFM bought out B&E, a small hippy chain and thus giving way to the birth to the presence of WFM!! :D

I do like your criteria for a WFM in the vicinity of where you move too. I would do the same ( after all, I was raised on Bread & Circus in Brookline, Mass!:D )

History of Bread & Circus
Anthony and Susan Harnett purchased the first Bread & Circus store in Brookline, Massachusetts in 1975. The first Bread & Circus sold natural foods and wooden toys, hence the unusual name.

New stores opened in Cambridge (1979) and Wellesley (1980). In 1983, Bread & Circus challenged itself by expanding into Hadley, Massachusetts, located 100 miles from the Boston home base. In 1988, the company opened a store in Newton, MA. Later that year, it moved its central office to Newton, and established a central Commissary there. The Providence, Rhode Island store opened in 1990, and the original Brookline store moved to Brighton, Massachusetts in 1991.

At the time of its acquisition by Whole Foods Market in 1992, Bread & Circus was the largest natural food retailer in the Northeast.

I do enjoy wine most days, normally not more than half a bottle. I've noticed no effects on my INR, but there again I drink fairly consistently. The trouble is, it's easy to get carried away in certain situations... it made me seriously consider my lack of willpower recently when I realised that 6 of us at a dinner party had got through almost 11 bottles of wine:eek:. Again my INR wasn't affected, but my liver probably needs a good rest!

Alcohol Consumption

Alcohol Consumption

I am not on Warfarin so may not be what you are looking for. I was very cautious in the first 15 months post surgery as recommended by my cardio until my heart remodelled. Now with no other health issues I drink what I like however it is not to the stage of drunkenness. :)

Latest posts

Back