Dosage question?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mecretired

VR.org Supporter
Supporting Member
My inr target range is 2.5-3.5. My last 3 weekly inr's were 2.7, 2.5, 2.5 --which slightly concerned me as it is fresh veggie season and I have a huge garden. Well, today's inr is 1.9. I'm thinking a 10% increase is in order. My current dose is 65mg/wk--I had been on 70mg/wk until April 19. So I'm thinking I should go back to 70--but my question is--I have been taking 7.5mg on Su and Th and 10 the other days. By just changing to 10 every day means I wouldn't have an increased dose until Thurs which wouldn't take effect for 2-3 days. I have 2.5 and 5 mg pills. Should I take half a 2.5 or perhaps a whole 2.5 tonight or just wait until Thurs for the increased dose? Thanks for your input.

I would not have a problem with taking an extra 2.5 today, to get above 2, and starting the 10s tomorrow. Sounds like 70mg/wk may make sense for you. Incidently, the dosing chart I use says <2.0...increase weekly dose 15-20% and recheck in a week.

I would not have a problem with taking an extra 2.5 today, to get above 2, and starting the 10s tomorrow. Sounds like 70mg/wk may make sense for you. Incidently, the dosing chart I use says <2.0...increase weekly dose 15-20% and recheck in a week.

Thanks, Dick. I checked the dosing chart and saw the recommendation also. Just wasn't sure about taking an additional dose tonight--but didn't really want to wait either. I will take the 2.5 tonight and test in a week.

I agree with taking the extra dose tonight; you don't want to hang around that INR of 1.9 for very long with your Bentall procedure.
Hopefully it is just the extra veggies bumping you down a bit and not any new supplements or vitamin pills. I've found that
increased veggies are easily accommodated with a small dosing increase.
If you are a home tester, you could always test again in 4 days to make sure that the INR hasn't dropped any further.
:)

Back