Does Nyquil affect INR numbers

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mac

VR.org Supporter
Supporting Member
Hi All,
I had a bad cold / flue last week and I bought a bottle of Nyquil. Had maybe 3 doses from it. My numbers have been really wild anyway. Just wondering.

Mac

Nyquil?

Nyquil?

The last time I used Nyquil (and that was a long time ago), the main ingredent seemed to be alcohol. Alcohol seems to impact INR differently for folks. I've never noticed alcohol impacting my INR, but others have reported different individual issues.

Personally, a shot or two of blackberry brandy seems to work well for me when I get a cold...but that's just me.

-Philip

Mac by really wild, just how wild are we talking?

four weeks ago 1.8 so they bumped up to 41 mg a week 3 weeks ago 2.3, two weeks ago 3.5, they pulled 7mg from me to bring it down now last week 2.0. I've been doing 41mg a week. No big time diet changes, no eatting alot of vit k stuff. Beer, acouple pints a day, no big drunks. So we will see what this fri. brings.

Mac

I assume your getting it tested at a clinic? I don't think it's you, I think it's those managing you that are the cause of the problems. Why would they pull 7mg off with perfectly fine INR of 3.5? Some people just don't get it.

Latest posts

Back