Does everyone get recommended for Re-hab

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks CanoeBob, it helps to know someone gets it. ((virtual handshake))
Because my RA is still in the midst of major flare in my feet, ankles, hands and wrists I feel that supervision would prevent me from doing permanant joint damage, something my rheumatologist has warned me about. I talked to the arthritis society today and have set up an appointment for an exercise program (not cheap though) as my Doctor is having trouble finding rehab so I guess I'm on my own. I also contacted someone at 'Heart Matters" to send my GP the info on rehab for January. Even if he doesn't think it will apply in my situation at least his future patients may benefit. He just became a Doctor this year so he's still learning I guess.

That was a good idea, to get in touch with the RA org. Even tho you dont see your surgeon any more, I probably would call their office and see if they could help or at least tell you which rehab centers they usually recomend for patients in your area.

Hi Piglet,

I am in the same position as you but now with hope at the end of the tunnel........AVR dec 2007 and unlike you did have cardio rehab (uk tend to organise via hospital for 8 weeks after op), however after a good exercise tolerance built up over 2 years post op my levels dropped day by day , week by week to the point i have visited my gp and had contact with my cardiologist numerous times pleading for some assistance as like you i couldn't cope with even the most menial task and hated being a couch potatoe. I was eventually listened to and another echo arranged which showed reduction in my ejection fraction, i was then sent for a stress exercise test and have finally been informed that my lbbb (which i have had since op and wasn't initially a problem) is now an issue.

I have now been scheduled to have biventricular pacemaker which apparently should improve my symptoms and enable me to live an active, normal life again, awaiting a date but at least i feel better that i will have my life back. Have you had an echo or stress test recently - it might be worth asking.

Good luck

Ruth

My GP actually phoned me today (I know,..I was soo shocked) to thank me for locating local rehab info and having it sent to him. His staff was apearantly having an even harder time navigating the mire of red tape and runaround within VIHA. I have an appointment on Monday so I will keep you posted. Iguess in this case it payed to squeek a little cause I now have hope at least that the wheels are greased. I made so many phone calls yesterday I've lost track of who and what agencies I've spoke with.

My GP actually phoned me today (I know,..I was soo shocked) to thank me for locating local rehab info and having it sent to him. His staff was apearantly having an even harder time navigating the mire of red tape and runaround within VIHA. I have an appointment on Monday so I will keep you posted. Iguess in this case it payed to squeek a little cause I now have hope at least that the wheels are greased. I made so many phone calls yesterday I've lost track of who and what agencies I've spoke with.

I'm so happy to hear you've made progress with your GP. EXcellent job!!! Hopefully you'll have a good appointment and he'll recommend you go for the rehab you want.

Please let us know.

Latest posts

Back