Did you have any post surgery blues?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i haven't even had surgery yet and have my days where i am down in the dumps. i can't imagine what it is like after surgery when you are in pain and not sleeping well and all that fun stuff. i would think that you are doing just fine and that it will pass once you start feeling better. I am not looking forward to my surgery and all that comes after with the recovery. but we have to be strong and those blues hopefully will pass for you soon.

I had a horrible time with it and had to have my anti depressant moved up a little bit....felt loads better since.

The cardiac rehab had me exhilerated yesterday and I felt great last night.

No sleeping can be problems leading into depression. I had to get on a low dose of ambien.

i haven't even had surgery yet and have my days where i am down in the dumps. i can't imagine what it is like after surgery when you are in pain and not sleeping well and all that fun stuff. i would think that you are doing just fine and that it will pass once you start feeling better. I am not looking forward to my surgery and all that comes after with the recovery. but we have to be strong and those blues hopefully will pass for you soon.

Jax,

Trust me/us...it is not as bad as we think. Before surgery it is much worse than after surgery...the surgery will be a relief and a giant step towards feeling well again. Do not worry about it much. You will feel better right away...I did! So, just relax and these ups and downs will be over and look forward to the healthier you. With all the pain meds you will be OK the first few days and time flies quickly.

Good luck. When is your surgery?

my surgery is on the 28th only two weeks away. i have always hated being stuck in the house and not being able to do much and i think that is partly causing my blues. Would be great if i could take a long walk but i get winded just walking out to the mail box if i am walking too fast. so i just kind of saunter around the yard when it isn't raining just to get a little fresh air.

I haven't posted here for quite a while, and feel a little guilty, as you are all so generous with your time and knowledge and I haven't really helped others as I thought I may be able to do.
Almost a year and a half after my surgery in early May this year I had what I call a nervous breakdown, and with the help of a psychologist and some meds I am back on an even keel. Thank you all so much for your guidance following my surgery last year.

Jeff.

Latest posts

Back