Did you have any post surgery blues?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sheridan07

I am 1 1/2 months post OHS now, and I get these feelings of happiness one moment to sadness and forgeting what time it is the other moment. Has anybody else had these feelings after surgery? I really can't explain why I feel this way. I had never felt this way before my surgery.

I was on the computer yesterday and all of a sudden I felt sad, tired, and I thought it was much later in the day then it actually was. Then a couple of mins later felt fine again. I was wondering if anybody felt like this after surgery? Thanks for your input.

Yes it does happen, it's perfectly normal. You & your body have been through alot, and 1 1/2 months is not that long post op for such major surgeries.

Good luck & God Bless.

:)

Yes it's normal to have your feeling be like a balancing ball. Your body has been through so much its, its way of adjusting. I still after almost three years have my moments. :) Just hang in there!

I agree, very normal. Sometimes I wonder if some of those drugs they give us weren't laced with female hormones (and I'm female!!!). Maybe you guys are now privvy to what we go through every month!! :p

Seriously, though, if you don't feel fairly even keeled by the end of the first year, or if you feel worse and can't snap out of it, talk to your GP. Many of the group here have decided to try some depression meds for awhile and found great benefit from them. It kind of comes with the territory.

Hang in there! Spring is a great time to be recovering since everything is blossoming anew!

Best wishes.

Marguerite

Brian,

I am going throught the blues right now and visited the doc this week. He guaranteed me it is normal after OHS and even said docs are being more sensitive to this issue now. They just don't know what causes this after OHS.

The doc said he'd keep an eye on it and knows it will pass, but if not then some meds might help for a while.

Good luck and God Bless. It's not fun.

I am 1 1/2 months post OHS now, and I get these feelings of happiness one moment to sadness and forgeting what time it is the other moment. Has anybody else had these feelings after surgery? I really can't explain why I feel this way. I had never felt this way before my surgery.

I was on the computer yesterday and all of a sudden I felt sad, tired, and I thought it was much later in the day then it actually was. Then a couple of mins later felt fine again. I was wondering if anybody felt like this after surgery? Thanks for your input.

Brian .... it is normal ... you close to the coast? .... Thong season is here:D;)

So the Chimp will be getting HIS thong out of the cupboard then? :)

Hey Brian, it is normal to have those feelings. Keep posting and asking any questions. You are doing well.

Bridgette:)

Just wanted to add another "this is very normal" like everyone has said. If needed the doc can give you some meds to help you with it, even if it is temporary because those feelings will pass.

I'm nearly 5 weeks out and totally understand what you mean. I am definitely still on a rollercoaster of emotions - during a day I can go from happy to sad to okay to who knows what. In fact I'm a bit like Dyna - I've found after surgery heaps harder than before surgery when I was fine. Things do seem to be getting a bit better for me now though but like everyone else says - if things continue I might see my doctor for advice. It helps heaps that everyone else here says it is normal and will pass...

Thank you all for your kind words. Dyna I haven't gotten that bad yet that I think about death.I am afraid of death, so That won't be an option.lol. I don't worry about my depression more than the things I don't remember. I like the tv show 24, and my brother and I were talking about Monday nights show. I remember the first part of the show but not the last part. I can't remember conversations I had with people.Not all conversations but some.Thanks again to all of you reading my problems and sharing your thoughts.

I was getting the post surgery blues big time for about 2 weeks, at times I was so depressed I would lay in bed & think of different ways to kill myself...yea I know that's screwed up but that's exactlly what I though of.

For the most part that has all cleared up now & I feel pretty darn good. I think going back to work really helped my sanity.

I did something similar, but just asked why I couldn't have just died on the table. I think alot of it is just the stress of the surgery, not feeling good, drugs talking, and a little bit of uncertainty.

I don't think it makes you screwed up.....just not something we endure every day.

Latest posts

Back