Dental X-Rays

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

INRtest

Simple question. I had a dental exam a couple of wks ago (& as I've done for many yrs., pre-medicated). I'm going in today for a full set of x-rays and when the office called yesterday to confirm, they told me to "pre-medicate."

Any reason to take antibiotics prior to dental x-rays?

Thanks

INRtest said:
Simple question. I had a dental exam a couple of wks ago (& as I've done for many yrs., pre-medicated). I'm going in today for a full set of x-rays and when the office called yesterday to confirm, they told me to "pre-medicate."

Any reason to take antibiotics prior to dental x-rays?

Thanks

I guess that depends on how ROUGH the Dental Technician is in placing the film. :rolleyes:

You might want to ask them to confirm that you premedicate with the DENTIST, or call your Cardiologist's office and ask his nurse to get an opinion from the cardiologist.

'AL Capshaw'

hm.

hm.

Is it possible that they may want to do more work while you are there once they've seen the xray? Maybe they are actually being considerate and not wanting you to have to make a third appointment?? Otherwise, I don't think those little paper "bites" are a threat :confused: You might call them back and see. Maybe it was just reflexive, their asking you to premedicate.

:) Marguerite

My husbands dentist also has him premedicate for dental x-rays. Overkill maybe, but better safe than sorry.

I would call the office and find out if they plan on doing more work based on the x-rays. Otherwise, I see no reason to pre-medicate. I do not think it is a good idea to take antibiotics any more than is necessary.

Just my 2 cents.

Thank you all for your quick responses. I usually tend to err on the side of caution, but in this case I think I agree with Gina. No blood, just an x-ray, no pre-med.

Best regards to all.
Jess

Latest posts

Back