Decision for 22 year old UK male

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Ajay,

I just got operated 3 weeks back for AVR and i am on mechanical Aortic valve which is CarboMedics. My surgery believes in this valve and I have gone with his opinion.

Hope this helps.

Hi Ajay,

I just got operated 3 weeks back for AVR and i am on mechanical Aortic valve which is CarboMedics. I mean my surgeon believes in this valve and I have gone with his opinion.

Hope this helps.

I'm new to this forum also. Megan I am trying to decide between the St. Jude and
the On-X also, for surgery scheduled June 17. Would like to keep in touch. Laura

Ajay, being new to this forum also, I am finding a wealth of experience from those
who are also in a very similar state as we are or at least have been. Keep us posted
as to what you find and decide. I know that my doctors have all recommended I go
mechanical so I am looking at the St. Jude and On-X. I am already on a anticoagulant.
With your young age I bet this is a hard decision, for me at 51 it is the hardest
part so far. Keep us posted as you research at make your decision. God bless, Laura

Latest posts

Back