Dawn-Marie's valvuloplasty on Friday, Oct. 31

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think of you so often and will be especially thinking of and praying for you this Friday - that all goes well. we will wait anxiously to hear from you. GODSPEED!

Hi everyone ~ Thank you all for keeping me in your thoughts and prayers. I'm not even sure exactly why i'm having the valvuloplasty done now. A percutaneous study nurse from Cleveland Clinic finally returned my call today and she said they don't expect the study to open up to include bicuspid aortic valves, since they cannot find a way to "seat the percutaneous valve in people with bicuspid valves". She didn't know why Dr. Svensson told Dr. Strzalka they were going to open it up to include bicuspid valves next year. She said originally they had included people with bicuspid valves, but the percutaneous valves were coming loose and the people were dying. Nothing has changed in the way of improving this, so it won't be happening soon, if ever, that bicuspid valves will be included. So, my hope of doing this so i would qualify to get the percutaneous valve is gone. I guess i'll still go ahead with it Friday, despite the risks, as without it my valve is so bad he said i'm in danger of dying anytime. It will just be a short term fix, a valvuloplasty doesn't fix the problem for long with bicuspid aortic valves...it mostly works with bad mitral valves, or so the doctor told me.

If everything goes well i should be home by late Saturday afternoon and i'll post and let you know if he was able to open up my valve. He said it is so calcified he isn't sure if he will be able to, but maybe he'll be wrong.

Thank you again for your prayers...they mean a lot to me!!!

Dawn-Marie

You're in a tough position, Dawn-Marie. We will all be waiting anxiously to hear from you. Wishing you all the best. God Bless.

Dawn-Marie,
I know you feel that you are in a no-win situation, but please give the valve procedure a try. We want to stay and be a big part of our VR family. I pray for knowledge for your doctor's, I pray that God gives you the strength to face your enemy (bicuspid valve) and that you come out a winner.
I have never personally met you but you are a hero to me...
God Bless You

Here's wishing one of the bravest and kindest souls I've ever been blessed to call my friend, a successful and positive outcome on Friday.

I may not be able to there in person my friend, but you know that I'll surely be there in spirit! Godspeed!

Dawn-Marie, I wish you all the best with all of my heart. I've been following your story for a while now and I'm very anxious to see you better. I'm praying for you and I'm praying for your doctor, that he'll make all the right moves and decisions for your procedure and that he'll be sharp and well rested.

Prayers and hugs girl!

Prayers and hugs girl!

Hello Dawn!

You know that your Tennessee friends and family are sending prayers your way. You are never far from our minds and always in our prayers! Positive thoughts, God's peace and a speedy recovery!

Hugs!
Jane

Hi Dawn- sending wishes for a successful procedure and calm and peace for you throughout. We'll all be anxiously waiting to hear from you when it's over. You stand as a beacon of kindness, as well as bravery, for us. Godspeed......

Dawn-Marie's Valvoplasty

Dawn-Marie's Valvoplasty

Hello Dawn-Marie wherever you are. Sending positive vibes and prayers for a successful procedure and outcome for you tomorrow. Please be confident and know that everyone is praying and sending their powerful light of healing thoughts for you. Carla.

Hi Everyone ~ Thank you again for all your well wishes and prayers. I planned on getting a lot done today, but i got on the computer to read my e-mail and didn't wake up until late. That's the one thing i hate about the critical aortic stenosis ~ I sleep at night, but then by noon i'm back sleeping again. I always had tons of energy until the last few months and now all i do is sleep my life away. I hope the doctor is able to get a good result too. At least i'll feel better then! I'm leaving at 7 in the morning...it's only a 45 minute drive to Hamot Hospital in Erie, PA. They said they will give me some sedation for it, and sedation knocks me out, so i won't know what's going on, thank goodness. I'm just going to spend a lot of time with Maggie Mae Pickle and Smudge (my cats) tonight and try to get to sleep, but i probably won't since i never sleep good the night before i have surgery or invasive procedures.

I'll let you know how i do if i come home Saturday, like i hope to.

Thanks again,

Dawn-Marie

We'll all be right with you in that operating room keeping an eye on you and your doctor. May God keep you safe.

Latest posts

Back