davidfortune is Back!!!!!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks again to everyone for the prayers. I personally believe it is a combination of God's hand and surgical/technological skill.

Noni,
Really Great to that Stretch is tubeless today. I'm very encouraged that he is recoverying well. Tell him that he has been in my prayers constantly. First and foremost is a speedy complete recovery. Lastly - we look forward to his photo documentary.

David

David,

So very good to see you posting again :).

Thoughts/prayers coming your way for a continued successful recovery.

Cort:33swm."Mr MC" / "Mr Road Trip".pig valve.pacemaker
MCinfo.hobbies.RTs.pics.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort
"Enough is enough, I can't take anymore" ... Alabama ... 'Can't Keep A Good Man Down'

WOW!...you are sounding fabulous...
Your glued incision will heal nicely,. I am very grateful to have been glued instead of stitched or stapled...

David,

I'm a little late to join the bandwagon but my wishes are just as sincere - I'm very, very happy for you and Priscilla that your surgery went so well and that your recovery is progressingthe way it is. You are definitely an inspiration to those of us in the "waiting room". Thank you for sharing your experience and opinions with us.

Continued best wishes are being sent your way. And to Priscilla as well

Take Care!
Susie

P.S. I'm curious - are the nurses aware of VR.com? what is their opinion?

David - Oh my Gosh!! :eek: First day post-op and you are posting. I am so excited for you and hope everything continues to progress with such ease. You and Stretch have been on my mind all week. Take it easy and God Bless!!

I am making all nurses and PT aware of VR.COM. Most seem interested.

Sounds like things are going very well, congrats.

I have wondered how people did coming out and how long it took to get moved etc.

For me I went in at 6 am,
into bed for prep at 7
into surgery at 9pm for a 5 hours surgery
out of surgery at 5pm (turned into 8 hour surgery)
into ICU woke up around 2am within a short time breathing tube removed.
They needed to lift me to change bedding or something, I said never mind I can stand up, which I did on my own at about 2:30 am (shocked the nurse I could do it)
they gave me my ice chips, then I begged for more, then more, then more lol
around 5 am they checked me out said I was ready to be moved out to a room. No rooms ready so I waited, and waited, while I begged for more ice chips lol
finally around 9:30 am they moved me to my room.

all in all I was in ICU for 16 hours roughly, would have been 12-13 if a room had been ready.

david, forgot to warn you about something that nobody warned me about before surgery. when you take your sit down shower, you will notice that you have a mohawk down there. they shave the inside of your legs from your ankles all the way up to your waist...just in case they had to access your main veins during surgery. just thought you should know...but hey, who knows?...maybe the wife will like it. :D

Dewayne,

Yep sounds like a fast recovery. I told my wife that at this point (and this will be the only time she will hear me say it) "right now this ice you gave me is better than sex"! My wife was surprised because my Mom was there - but it was true.

MMarshall,
You had mentioned the half mohawk in a previous post and true to form they followed the same shaving pattern. right inner thigh and right side xxxx shaved. Left side au naturale.

I showered this morning and they let me do it without a chair. It felt great. Nurse practicioner said something about maybe tomorrow for going home??? If not tomorrow then saturday for sure (assuming things continue of course).

David, I am so glad you are doing so well. You give those of us in the waiting room so much hope!!!!! God bless and keep up the good work!

Steph

I hope you do get to go home quickly! I was on schedule for that myself, till a bout of a-fib reared its ugly head. But it was better being in the hospital when that happened than at home and having to rush somewhere.

Just remember it will take time before food tastes like ...well food.
And walk walk and walk somemore, and don't let the nurses catch you leaning over the rolling stand, one of them is sure to yell at you to stand up straight!

Thanks dewayne and steph,

Lucky for me the food tastes pretty good (for hospital food). I have no decrease in appetite (unfortunately since i could stand to lose 20 lbs.). No rolling stand for me as there is nothing but wireless EKG, an small chest drainage "bulb" and a central line through my collar area (and a couple of pacing wires sticking out).

So - I'm completely self-contained. I walked eight laps so far today for a total of 1/2 mile). I'll probably do at least two more. I feel great so I really have to force myself to go slower than I think I can. It feels like I'm going at a snail's pace but I don't want to overdo and create issues so I'm walking like a snail.

Still have a little work to get all the pipes working again but hoping that works itself out tomorrow.

Glad you are doing so well. Hard to keep a good person down. You must be a little like me...stubborn and persistant. When I had my surgery it finished at noon on a Thursday, 14 hours later they had me walking two laps around the building. Saturday PM (around 3) the surgeon came in, checked me out and said "the hospital is for sick people, get the hell out of here." Unfortunately it was a little late in the day to process me out so I was released Sunday at 8:30AM...Not bad for an old man.
You'll be out of there before you know it. Just remember to take it easy. It's sometimes hard but you'll know when you have to back off.

Boy!!!

Boy!!!

Is this the same hyperanalytical David we "saw" pre-surgery? ;) :D :D

I am thrilled that "things" have gone so well for you. YOu missed setting the Vr.com recovery record, but you are coming in pretty darn close. Congratulations! and I hope and pray your recovery continues to go smoothly.

We look forward to reading your first post from home. Hugs. J.

Latest posts

Back