Date set

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aussie girl

Today I met with my surgeon and he confirmed what all the tests showed my aortic valve needs to be replaced and I need a double bypass. The good news is that I can have my valve of choice the on-x valve and also the bypass can be done with the thoracic arteries. I am booked in to hospital for the 7th august with the operation being done on the 8th. I am quite relieved to be given a date so now I can start to plan the rest of my life up until now it was always "if" and "when" I was to have the op. I'm sure the nerves will set in before I go in but I know I'm in good hands and I will be better after this is over ...Mary

Congratulations on setting the date. It's difficult being in the waiting room with no definite plan. It's natural to get a little nervous as the date actually approaches but you sound like you are well prepared for this. Think about your better life after you get to the other side of the mountain. Best wishes.

I put you on the calendar for August 8th, Mary. You sound ready and anxious and I know you have to be looking forward to being out of the waiting room and over the mountain.

Sounds like a Good Plan with a Good Surgeon !

Best Wishes for a successful surgery and boring recovery.

'AL Capshaw'

Mary, having a definite date is at first terrifying and then later very comforting. I hope it doesn't become terrifying again!

You will know what to expect from reading the posts here, so you will be worlds ahead of the average OHS patient. You have plenty of time to take care of all the little details one has to take care of in life!

One minor suggestion I haven't seen here before--I told everyone I would be out a couple of days before I really had to be out. I figured that would make people push the last minute things up a few days, and they did. However, no matter what, this is my last day in my office for a while, and I am still getting last minute, "urgent" calls; they just aren't all that urgent to me right now!

Good luck!

John

Mary, I envy you. I know how you feel. For me the thought of surgery is scary, but the thought of NOT having it is even more scary. Now you can look forward to your new life...how wonderful !!

Latest posts

Back