Dang computers

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Success!
That was relatively painless and hopefully the automatic update will run smoothly
tomorrow mid day....unlike today's update that would not end.
Thanks for the help, and I didn't even need to throw anything. :)

I have AVG on all my PC's except for this one (Laptop) which has Norton because that's what it came with from Dell. I still have a few more months but when it expires, I'll get AVG for this one too. I've never had any problems with it. (In fact, I believe it was our Ross that first told me about it & I was hooked! :) -- thanks Ross!)

I installed a new virus program that I had bought - installed it (it said uninstall other programs and I had Norton - didn't do it) and it destroyed everything on my computer. guess the virus programs were fighting each other. had to take my lapto to tech for total reinstall!!!

now have avg... avg is very, very good and you can get it free. free version, according to my tech, is only missing the license. when you buy it, you buy the license. (I am told).

When all else fails take three steps back and punt. :eek::mad::mad: That is with a steel toe work boot.

Bina and others,
Download a program called www.ccleaner.com.
It is free and does a great job.
I had similar problems getting rid of Symantic, even though I used their un-install program, it still left a lot of things on our computer.
The ccleaner program found all these bits and I easily got rid of them.
This program can be used daily as well to keep things cleaned up.
Rich

I installed a new virus program that I had bought - installed it (it said uninstall other programs and I had Norton - didn't do it) and it destroyed everything on my computer. guess the virus programs were fighting each other. had to take my lapto to tech for total reinstall!!!

now have avg... avg is very, very good and you can get it free. free version, according to my tech, is only missing the license. when you buy it, you buy the license. (I am told).

Ann, this is what was going on yesterday. My hard drive was going nuts.
Hopefully there isn't too much damage done to my files.

Latest posts

Back