Crystal Beach is pretty much gone!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gijanet

:(I have finally seen a few pictures of the Bolivar peninsula, and it is pretty much gone! This is so tragic! There were many stranded people there as Rollover Pass was already flooded by Friday AM. The surge reached 14.76 ft at the height of the storm. WE love the peninsula and go every summer. We only own (or did) a beach lot there as we can't afford to build yet, so no home lost, but have made many friends over the years who most likely no longer have homes to go back to. Please keep these guys in your prayers. I just hope they have all gotten out.

http://jakeabby.com/cb/

Compare the top photo to the one below it and you can see how many homes were just simply wiped off the face of the earth. So sad...........

http://www.khou.com/topstories/stories/khou080913_mh_.72b5bca9.html

Last edited:
Hi Janet,
My husband and I have been watching the news showing the results of the hurricane and we have been sad to see the devastation. Galveston is my kids' favorite place to go in the summer for their birthdays. Our prayers are with everyone in the Galveston-Houston area.

Chris

Hey Janet,

Such shocking ariel views, to be sure. We had quite a bit of rain and some flooding here today, but not nearly as bad as that area hit by Ike. Though, I may not want to say too much...as Ike is predicted to dump more rain here tomorrow.....

Cort:34swm."Mr Monte Carlo.Mr Road Trip".pig valve&pacemaker
WRMNshowcase.legos.HO.models.MCs.RTs.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort
"Just aim beyond the clouds" ... Barry Manilow ... 'I Made It Through The Rain'

This is just too sad:(
To see it on the news and the devestation people
are dealing with cannot be compared unless you are
actually in this mess,can only see the news etc and
won't ever be there to see the real,oh these people
Prayers going out to them who are in the real at this moment.

zipper2 (DEB)

Edited the links

Edited the links

as the photos had changed. Now that more pictures are surfacing, Crystal Beach, Gilchrist, and Caplen are simply decimated..............

We have been to Crystal Beach numerous times. Hannah and her friends were supposed to be staying at a beachhouse there following next weekend's Homecoming. Those pictures are just scary.

There still aren't many pictures of Galveston. They aren't letting anyone fly over. They've asked the media to not photograph any bodies, but haven't necessarily said that there are any. So far they have reported only 6 deaths, although some may be from natural causes.

There are still just under 2 million customers in the Houston area without power. When I checked our emergency number at work, they also announced major power outages in Ohio. Guess that's the tail end of the hurricane that Ross referred to in another post.

I feel lucky!

Janet, Thanks for the pictures and links. It is stunning in a terrible way.

Latest posts

Back