Creating an ePub book.

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dennis S

VR.org Supporter
Supporting Member
This post probably doesn't apply to most people, but I still think it is worth sharing. Many of us have talked about the advantages/dis-advantages of ePub books (the kind of books you can read on an iPad or Kindle). I have just discovered that I can easily create ePub books using my Apple computer. Apple has a word processing program called Pages. It is not really well known but I (who have used word processing programs for more than thirty years) have found it to be fantastic, especially for creative work involving graphics and text.

This whole thing is in the beginning stages, but you can create a document and then simply choose File, then Export, and then choose ePub from among the five choices that you are given. Start small, since all of this is just getting started. If you use google, you can find a type of template that helps with formatting your document. My biggest disappointment for now is that all pictures have to be centered on the page. I assume they are working on improving this. At any rate, I have had a lot of fun experimenting with creating eBooks---a pretty easy way to impress your friends.

Latest posts

Back