Courage to Push the Envelope

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Faye

I wanted to thank all of you who are supportive of home testing. Because of the knowledge I've gained from reading your posts, I had the courage to "push" my docs to allow me to home test. It was surprising to me that neither my surgeon or cardiologist had had anyone ask to home test.

I also had to "push" my insurance company a bit to cover the costs and they agreed after I compared their policy on Glucose testing to INR testing. I guess I just have a little "rebel" in my soul :)

I received my ProTime machine this last week and it works perfectly, takes just a minute and saved my a 40 minute drive (one-way) to my coumadin clinic! My INR was a tiny bit low (2.3) so when I called my clinic nurse, she had me adjust my dose a tiny bit and just told me to retest in a week and call back with the results.

THANK YOU once again from the bottom of my heart! :D

Faye

Faye said:
I wanted to thank all of you who are supportive of home testing. Because of the knowledge I've gained from reading your posts, I had the courage to "push" my docs to allow me to home test. It was surprising to me that neither my surgeon or cardiologist had had anyone ask to home test.

I also had to "push" my insurance company a bit to cover the costs and they agreed after I compared their policy on Glucose testing to INR testing. I guess I just have a little "rebel" in my soul :)

I received my ProTime machine this last week and it works perfectly, takes just a minute and saved my a 40 minute drive (one-way) to my coumadin clinic! My INR was a tiny bit low (2.3) so when I called my clinic nurse, she had me adjust my dose a tiny bit and just told me to retest in a week and call back with the results.

THANK YOU once again from the bottom of my heart! :D

Faye

Congratulations on your Success and Persuasiveness Faye!

That's a Very Good Analogy. I am a little surprised that your insurance company accepted the argument. Many (most?) insurance companies seem very resistent to change. Hopefully your argument can be put to good use by other patients who seek to Home Test their INR !

'AL Capshaw'

Congratulations on getting your machine. I love home testing and cannot believe I waited as long as I did to push for it.

Have fun.

There is nothing like being able to home test. You'll never want to see the lab again. It's the one day a week I look forward to stabbing my finger.

Home testing is "the shiz" (as my kids used to say). I also used the glucose testing analogy when I first started home testing. I was the first one to home test for my cardio. Now she has others home testing too because of my success with it.

Congratulations and happy testing!

Latest posts

Back