Coumadin Dosages

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
med amounts

med amounts

Ive been taking 2mgs for 2days and 1mg the 3rd day for the past week, waiting on results from bloodwork this morning to see if thats a good combo or if we are changing again..

I have also tried 2mgs a day and then alternated between 2mgs and 1mg every other day..

Since Ive read that more activity is a reason to need to increase the mgs Im assuming that I may need more once I go back to work and so forth.

----Gracie

I'm on 10 mg/day. What's weird is that the dosage has stayed the same even though I've put on 10 kg since surgery...

Maybe the largest determinant of what warfarin dosage you need is the variation of the liver enzymes that you inherited from your parents. The smallest dose that I have seen is 1/2 of 1 1 mg tablet daily for a total of 3.5 mg per week. The largest is 25 mg per day for a total of 175 mg per week. I have heard of much larger doses, I just haven't seen anyone personally. Supposedly there is someone in the area where I live who takes 10 X 10 mg tablets daily - I just haven't seen him.

Latest posts

Back