Coreg CR

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mmarshall

I am not sure if this thread should go in Heart Talk or New Advancements so feel free to move this thread if need be Ross. Anywho, I went for my six month check-up earlier this week and once again everything looks good and is back to normal. My cardio did ask me if I wanted to switch my Coreg medication to Coreg CR. He has been changing his patients to that and they have all been successful. It works the same way as Coreg but the biggest difference is that you only have to take the pill once a day. That is a huge relief to be able to take all of my meds in the morning instead of having to pop another one 12 hours later. So for those of you that are taking Coreg, you may want to talk to your cardio about switching to Coreg Cr. You can go to their website and research it as well. Now about my cholesterol....uuum, that's another story. :rolleyes:

My son also takes the CR. He has been taking it for about 3 months. He also likes that he has only 1 CRITICAL set of meds to take per day. He takes various supplements 3x per day (iron, etc.), but at least if he forgets those he does not risk immediate death.

Does anyone know if there are any contraindications for Coreg CR? My mom is on reg Coreg but was going to ask her cardio in Sept if she can take that? Just wondering:cool: Thanks! Deb

I was told that I can't take Coreg CR because I am on a very low dose of Coreg, and the lowest dose of Coreg CR is higher than what I'm taking now. So that might be a contraindication for some people.

Latest posts

Back