Cookers Weigh In---FridayThrow Down 3-28

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mary and PJ - great job!

I stepped on the scale today - first time since I returned from France. No loss - at all - since I started.

I have been working out just about every day - mainly weight resistance with my Total Trainer - so I'm hoping that it's partly due to additional muscle mass.

But I'm not going to kid myself into believing it's all the case.

SO - today I'm am attempting to start hard core on low-carb, high protein eating. It's what worked for me years ago and I need to do it again, without allowing myself exceptions. Also - lots of water. It's kind of a pain to start drinking a lot of water, but once the body gets used to taking it all in, you aren't running to the bathroom every 5 minutes.

What spurred me on - seeing a video of me walking around on the church chancel with my Avatar after Easter worship. First I realized how unattractive the top was that I wore and instead of slimming me (as I thought it would) it made me look like a block of flesh. (It's going in the Good Will bag) Secondly, I couldn't blame the whole block-0-flesh on the top. Sure wish I could.

Time to get serious. I don't plan on weighing again for a while, but I'll report how my eating is going.

Hi everyone,
This has definitely been a tough week. I think it was the Reese's peanut butter eggs that did me in! They were supposed to go into my kids' Easter baskets, but they didn't make it that far! Oh, well. Ditto for the Dove easter eggs!

Anyway, I was up and down all week and did some heavy duty walking to try to combat the Reese's. I figured I would maintain at last week's level, but I was happy this morning to find that I had lost a half pound.....every little bit helps!

Starting: 182.5
Last week: 164.5
Today: 164

total loss: 18.5 pounds

I wish everyone the best this week as we try to recover from Easter "hangovers"!!!!

Susan

Exercise I DON'T recommend

Exercise I DON'T recommend

My abs hurt!! But not because I've been a good girl and worked out like I should... No, because I've been hacking up a lung all weekend long and got next to no sleep last night as I kept waking up coughing. :( It now hurts just to move! I took today off work and I'm going to try to get in to see the doctor. Why is it that they never have any openings the day you call? How many people know in advance that they're going to get sick??? I mean, really!

I was finally brave enough to step on the scale this morning. After gaining a few pounds before the last weigh in and refusing to report last week, I'm happy to say that I'm back where I was before my splurge. This week I have plans to lose. The rain is coming and going, but I plan to take the dogs for walks tonight - all three, one at a time, gets me at least a couple of miles of exercise.

Gnusgal said:
My abs hurt!! But not because I've been a good girl and worked out like I should... No, because I've been hacking up a lung all weekend long and got next to no sleep last night as I kept waking up coughing. :( It now hurts just to move! I took today off work and I'm going to try to get in to see the doctor. Why is it that they never have any openings the day you call? How many people know in advance that they're going to get sick??? I mean, really!

Niki....sorry you are sick...I don't know the answer to your questions but I have asked the same thing.....And I don't understand why there is no one in the waiting room and I still have to wait 30 minutes....I know the dcotor is there but still I wait....whatev....EAT....EAT....you need to eat when you are sick....the throw down will wait.....Feel better:)

Lisa in Katy said:
I was finally brave enough to step on the scale this morning. After gaining a few pounds before the last weigh in and refusing to report last week, I'm happy to say that I'm back where I was before my splurge. This week I have plans to lose. The rain is coming and going, but I plan to take the dogs for walks tonight - all three, one at a time, gets me at least a couple of miles of exercise.

Great job Lisa!!!....Would you tell me how you did it?.....I am in a upward spiral:eek: :eek:

Well, two weeks ago I visited Chick-Fil-A and ALL of its relatives on a regular basis and started to moo. This past week, I grew long ears and a fuzzy tail from eating so much salad!

Lisa in Katy said:
Well, two weeks ago I visited Chick-Fil-A and ALL of its relatives on a regular basis and started to moo. This past week, I grew long ears and a fuzzy tail from eating so much salad!

So you ARE the Easter Bunny...the one who wrecked my diet with jelly beans:eek: :p

If I'm traveling and my company's paying for it, I'm not looking to skimp on anything. Hey, maybe that's one of my problems...

cooker said:
....EAT....EAT....you need to eat when you are sick....the throw down will wait.....Feel better:)
Actually, that's the one advantage to being sick... Food doesn't sound good! ;) I DID make it in to the doctor today (then had to drive home in rush hour traffic while there was a tornado warning I didn't even know about). Got two inhalers, a breathing treatment, and an antibiotic. She said if I don't feel better by Wednesday I could come in for a steroid shot, but she'd like to avoid it if possible because of my coumadin. I'd like to avoid it, 'cause I HATE shots... ;)

Tonight's dinner will most likely be soup of some sort. Might be a bit much in the sodium department, but it should soothe my throat that's become raw from all this coughing. I hope the drugs start working soon. I can't stay home from work another day. :( Have to save up those sick days for the real emergencies! :eek:

Arrggghhh! The local grocery store has all its Easter candy on sale half price! Today they had bags of Dove milk chocolate Easter eggs.....I came home with two bags. And I ate a BUNCH! I can't resist those Dove milk chocolates!

Also, today it was snowing again and I didn't get to take my usual walk! Bad, bad, bad!

Susan

SusanC54 said:
Arrggghhh! The local grocery store has all its Easter candy on sale half price! Today they had bags of Dove milk chocolate Easter eggs.....I came home with two bags. And I ate a BUNCH! I can't resist those Dove milk chocolates!

Also, today it was snowing again and I didn't get to take my usual walk! Bad, bad, bad!

Susan

I understand:( ....Dove is wonderful chocolate.....it is a true addiction for me.....Go ahead and finish it off and get back on track.....now wait....who am I talking to....me or you??:D

I feel so good! I just came in from walking the dogs. It was dry for the first dog, misty rain for the second dog, and light rain for the third dog. She kept stopping to shake. Luckily, she is our almost 10 year old Boxer and doesn't demand a long walk. However, my clothes are damp and my hair is wet. Get off the Easter diet and get motivated!

Here's the Cooker Group on a recent Tueday night! Cooker's leading us in calisthenics.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6724wPMhsE

Lisa in Katy said:
I feel so good! I just came in from walking the dogs. It was dry for the first dog, misty rain for the second dog, and light rain for the third dog. She kept stopping to shake. Luckily, she is our almost 10 year old Boxer and doesn't demand a long walk. However, my clothes are damp and my hair is wet. Get off the Easter diet and get motivated!

Here's the Cooker Group on a recent Tueday night! Cooker's leading us in calisthenics.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6724wPMhsE

Walking three dogs in the rain has had a serious affect on your eye sight......I have never met Bubba but I am pretty sure that's him leading those shananagins:D....That music is actually outlawed in Chimpville.....and being a southern chimp, wearing that outfit might get me tarred and feathered......ever try to get tar out of chimp hair??:eek: I would post a link to my exercise video but there may be members under eighteen and that could cause me to be banished from this site if not arrested:p :p :p See if you can find it yourself, just search for "Chimps Gone Wild":cool::D :p

Im not in on your weight loss challenge but I am down 20 lbs since I found out I needed surgery 6 weeks ago. Now 4 weeks post op and am walking 1/2 hr each day on the treadmill, even working up a sweat. I can't wait to get back to running and weight lifting, I can see that some of what I lost is definitely muscle mass, but also some spare tire mass as well. Im jealous about walking dogs, I have two and Im still a few months away from attempting I think. Winston is a 115 lb shepard/rot mix, 2 years old, and wants to visit every squirrel/rabbit/kitty/critter he sees when he gets walked. I've had to recruit my step-son for his daily walks, my wife takes the lab mix who is bad also, just not as strong.

ctyguy said:
Im not in on your weight loss challenge but I am down 20 lbs since I found out I needed surgery 6 weeks ago. Now 4 weeks post op and am walking 1/2 hr each day on the treadmill, even working up a sweat. I can't wait to get back to running and weight lifting, I can see that some of what I lost is definitely muscle mass, but also some spare tire mass as well. Im jealous about walking dogs, I have two and Im still a few months away from attempting I think. Winston is a 115 lb shepard/rot mix, 2 years old, and wants to visit every squirrel/rabbit/kitty/critter he sees when he gets walked. I've had to recruit my step-son for his daily walks, my wife takes the lab mix who is bad also, just not as strong.

You're definitely wise to give the healing process more time before walking your big dogs. They can pull you apart when spotting a squirrel and going from 0-60 in 2 seconds. :D Meanwhile, congrats on the weight loss and getting back into the treadmill. You should be hitting the walking trails with the dogs again in a few months.

Ok you bunch of ?Losers? we have two and a half days until weigh in!!!:) What?s it going to be, up or down?....I have been on plan all day?..first time in nearly two weeks:eek: ?.I was hoping to shed half of what the Easter Bunny did to me but it will not be quite that much but I will post a loss of some amount?.Does anyone have a scale the grams????:D :D ....From a few of the post it sounds like we will have some impressive reports!!!.....Eat More Fruit:D

PS....I would love to see a few of you mulligan takers report in.....I mean gee wiz...if I can post a 5 lb gain and not be :eek: :eek: anybody can....and it will be hard for me to complete my cardboard cutouts of each of you if I don't have an idea of your weight:D :eek: :rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back