Cookers Weigh In---FridayThrow Down 1-18

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cooker

Chillin, just chillin....
Supporting Member
This has been a tough week for this "loser".... I have had a pretty nasty cold/flu and have fed it:eek:....... I will weigh in on Friday and hope for the best. Good luck and good losing:)

I will be lucky..if I haven't gained .....Just not getting any exercise..My fault.. for not making myself go and walk in the cold...Today, nothing due to snow. Afraid I would slip...same thing tomorrow, when what snow we have..left-over ..refreezes again..I did take the broom and clear off our wooden steps..but then ..I am leery of other spots..Suppose to snow again tomorrow night/Sat. and be really cold..this weekend..:eek: Thinking we would be in the house for a few days..due to last night;s snow..I bought Hubby..a fresh peach/praline pie....I had 2 slices last night.:mad: ..Maybe he will finish it off..:p ......Oh, well. maybe Spring is not too far off.:) before I re-gain my little 8 lb loss.:mad: Bonnie

Granbonny said:
I will be lucky..if I haven't gained .....Just not getting any exercise..My fault.. for not making myself go and walk in the cold...Today, nothing due to snow. Afraid I would slip...same thing tomorrow, when what snow we have..left-over ..refreezes again..I did take the broom and clear off our wooden steps..but then ..I am leery of other spots..Suppose to snow again tomorrow night/Sat. and be really cold..this weekend..:eek: Thinking we would be in the house for a few days..due to last night;s snow..I bought Hubby..a fresh peach/praline pie....I had 2 slices last night.:mad: ..Maybe he will finish it off..:p ......Oh, well. maybe Spring is not too far off.:) before I re-gain my little 8 lb loss.:mad: Bonnie

Bonnie....don't get out and slip and fall........and what is peach/praline pie????:D :D Sounds fabtabulous!!!!!!

Cooker

Cooker

I take my being on coumadin..very serious..6 years with No problems..but, do know, if I slipped and hit my head..:eek: .even if I fell. I would be in pain.. if I landed on butt,ect. just not worth taking that chance......We have a wonderful Amish bakery..peach/praline pie...Wonderful crust..with filling of fresh peaches/pecans..brown sugar..:D Pecans are pre-baked..to add into filling. YUMMY..Bonnie

Bonnie,

Being snowed in definitely increases the appetite. :D Don't worry: as you know, we don't get all that much snow around the Southland. (Of course we in the mountains may get a little more than the lowlanders. :p )

I got my exercise today shoveling the deck, back and front stairs, and driveway. :eek: I know, I took my time and did it gradually. We had about 5 inches here and a little ice glaze on top. Chance of more on Saturday, and Sunday the temps are not supposed to get out of the 20s.

I was up early, 530 a.m. -- early for me -- this morning and saw the first flakes fall. Was fun watching it get heavier and heavier and then build up outside. Gave the birds seconds at the feeder. They were hungry too! :) Sadie the Superdawg also enjoyed the snow -- played ball and romped in it.

My wife's beef stew tasted great tonight and she made corn cakes to go with it. Yum! :) I have tried to limit myself to three corncakes, knowing they will keep and still be good tomorrow -- after the weigh-in. :p

Well around one o?clock today I felt the life force return to my flu/crud battered body, really, it was like a vale was lifted:D , I became ravenous.:D I have been eating everything I could get my hands on. Hardee?s, snack machine, cookies, you name it. I can?t wait to see what?s for dinner.:D This is a heck of a thing to happen right before weigh in but I am glad to have my appetite back. I almost drove to Bonnie?s neck of the woods to buy one of those peach/praline pies:eek:

I think I just sabotaged myself. I got home from work and was, naturally, hungry. So I ate a bit of my chips and salsa as usual (I limit myself to one serving only and this usually at least curbs some of the hunger pangs until dinner). Then for some reason I looked in the fridge?! I honestly can't even remember why I did. I ended up grabbing a slice of the leftover pizza from last night and eating it cold. :mad: The amount of sodium in that thing could set me back. On Wednesday I was showing a 1 pound loss. Not sure what might happen now. I've changed my mind on what I'm having for dinner now, that's for sure. Salad it will be!

I don't think tomorrow is going to be uplifting for me - that's all I can say.:(

mmm the following information needs to be taken with a pinch of salt....

On reflection i am going to have to get myself a heavy duty pair of reliable scales from the shops (whale world perhaps) in the next week as i'm not sure about the accuracy of the ones i have.

I don't care what i weigh on this journey as long as its accurate and consistent.

So, from a starting weight of 271, then a drop to 266, then a jump back to 273 i now weigh 264.

Thats a loss this week (since Monday) of 9 pounds or an overall loss from the starting weight of 7 pounds.

I think its more likely that last weeks weight was a mis-measure and i've dropped around 4.5 the first week, 2-3 the second and about the same for this week rather than the down/up/down that i reported.

Anyway, its downwards and thats all i care about.

I haven't excercised this week but i have changed my diet, i've had no soda's, no chocolate, no chips & just been eating healthy fruit/veg/chicken/pasta....its filled me up much more than the junk did and so i guess it could be responsible for the large drop this week...time will tell if the numbers stay big over the comming weeks.

Regards from Australia.

Magic8Ball said:
mmm the following information needs to be taken with a pinch of salt....
Perhaps the above highlighted word is the real culprit and not the scales. I've been known to fluctuate like that if I've gone from eating a lot of salt to little salt (or vice versa). Just a thought...

Good work on the loss! :D

Way to go, MB! As you say, there may have been some scale fluctuation, but the important thing is the trend -- downward! Hope I am heading in that direction when I step on my scales tomorrow, too....:)

I am not sure how to report today. On Wednesday I weighed 130 (a 1 pound loss from last week). This morning I weigh 132 (a 1 pound gain from last week, 2 pound gain from Wednesday). So I'm not sure if I lost or not. I think I did and I just have 2 pounds of water weight to get off. I don't even want to know what my weight will be on Monday, after a weekend of eating out with my mom and sister. :(

Did not do good this week. Brought my diet meals for lunches all week and ended up eating out three times. I need to stop looking at the Irish Pub lunch menu we get faxed to our office on Mondays. I did make the Weight Watchers chicken lasagna last Sunday and ate it for dinner three nights. Hope everyone loses some weight this week. I will try harder next week.
Sue

Starting Weight-129
This week-127
Last Week-127
This week loss-0
Total loss-2

Terry, a no change is a win in my book.

When i lived in the UK we did a "who ate all the pies" diet at work where 1 pound = 4 pies.

If you lost you were safe, if you stayed still you were safe, if you gained you paid 1 pound for every pound gained.

That was the lowest i ever got in adult life, 15 and a half stone.

Good work for no gain over the post christmas period.

Oh well....."snacks happen":p

Starting weight........233
Last Week...................209
This week....................212
Weekly Change............+3
Total Loss......................21

That'll be 3 UK pounds into the kitty please...

Hey, 21 total loss is awsome, as long as that is in a positive number life is good.

An austrailian female has just beat a french seeded player in the open and life is good....i love being an adopted aussy...we win more sports that the poms ever did....

Good morning, everyone! I just joined Cooker's throwdown last week and I've been very compliant all week....not sure how long this will last, but I'm going to keep truying! Yesterday I had lost 3.5 pounds ......starting last week at 182.5 and down to 179.5, but this morning I've only lost 3 pounds. Must be because we went out for dinner last night since my daughter was home from college. I could not resist the garlic mashed potatoes on my plate!!!

I wasn't too good about the exercising last week either. I only walked two days out of 7 and I like to try to do much more than that. I'll blame it on bad weather, like we're having right now. three inches of snow overnight and now it's turned into freezing rain....I'll definitely not be walking in freezing rain, although a lot of folks around here have special things that they strap onto their shoes that are like ice cleats. We get so much freezing rain here that those little contraptions are a godsend. I think LLBean sells them and I've been thinking about getting myself a pair.

Congratulations to all who have lost! To those who have gained, there's always next week! As for me,I stayed the same. I'm not happy about it, but my knee has given me fits since Monday, and I have been hobbling around and couldn't consider the gym.

I am thrilled to report that I have lost 2.5 pounds in the past week!

I have been a little sensitive about reporting my gross weight because it is, well, "gross." But now I feel a little better about it. After my OHS three years ago, the lowest I could get after cardiac rehab (which I highly recommend, BTW) was 269. I pretty much maintained that, but then I got reckless in my eating and when I went to the doctor's last July, I weighed in at (gulp) 280! I have coordinated my scales with his, for reporting purposes on Cooker's Throw-Down, which came just in time for me.

Okay, that is a wordy preface to reporting my numbers:

Starting weight: 280

Current weight: 257.5

Total loss: 22.5 pounds

Loss in past week: 2.5 pounds

I haven't seen the 250s in many years and now I am determined to see the 240s.

Thank you again, Cooker, for your brilliant idea in starting this thread!

I recovered from last week's 2 lb gain and I'm down 2.3 this week. I'm still a couple lbs above my pre-holiday low point, but getting back there slowly.

Back