Cookers Weigh In---FridayThrow Down 1-18

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In my quest to go from Fat Albert to Wise Albert, I lost 2 lbs. this week. That's a miracle to say the least. We ate out SIX times. I've been having Slim Fast drinks for two meals on most days, but I'm still surprised. I was hoping for at least a half pound loss. Woo hoo!

Cindy will weigh when she's good and ready. Following is a direct quote from her...... "I'm skeerd!"

I'm not going to weigh for a while. I'm so discouraged. I weighed today, and still the same - basically I haven't lost a thing since starting the throw down. I, for the life of me, can't figure out why. I'm being very good. I rarely have anything sweet.

I'm going to try to step up and do my low-carbing in earnest, drink lots of water, and try to work out more. I just bought a Total Trainer Pilates Pro (similar to a Total Gym, but 1/3 the price) and will be adding that to my walking.

I'm trying not to starve myself, because I know this just causes the body to hang on to every calories like a chimp does a banana (Cooker!).

I think I just need to put aside the weight issue for now and work on remodeling my body. I'm going to try and just see how my clothes start fitting as a sign of success or lack of.

I'm still a full-fledged member - I just won't be weighing in.

I'm hoping the Ref will allow this.:eek: Let me know if I need to send some sort of bribe.;)

Karlynn,

We understand how you feel. Although having not lost is a downer, having not gained during the holidays is an upper, so to speak. How can you be faulted for taking a lull in weighing, in order to focus on fine tuning your program? This could be called a Lulligan; I bet it's in the Throw Down manual somewhere.

Karlynn said:
I think I just need to put aside the weight issue for now and work on remodeling my body. I'm going to try and just see how my clothes start fitting as a sign of success or lack of.

?Cooker?s Remodeling? at your service, free estimates??:D

I would like to take a minute to reemphasize the goal (as I see it) of this thread. Maybe we need to draft a ?charter? or ?statement of purpose?. By the name itself we seem to focus on weight loss, which is not a bad thing, but we are about so much more. I have seen in myself and others a refocus on overall health and well being. We, I hope, are in this for a lifetime. A lifetime of continually improving eating, exercising and attitudes. Pounds lost are a measuring stick, that?s all. Does it feel good to lose a pound or two?..sure. I gained this week and that was ok. It may not have felt good but it tasted great. :eek: :D

Life is about living and living to the fullest. And that is weighed on the scales of our hearts, not the ones on the floor. Be well, live well.

cooker said:
?Cooker?s Remodeling? at your service, free estimates??:D

Life is about living and living to the fullest. And that is weighed on the scales of our hearts, not the ones on the floor. Be well, live well.

Philosophy to live by. I am going to get a cranberry-orange scone, right now!

Karlynn said:
I just bought a Total Trainer Pilates Pro (similar to a Total Gym, but 1/3 the price) and will be adding that to my walking.

LOL, I just reread this and pictured myself dragging it along on my walks. (Although reigning in an exuberant 120 lb dog is work too!) I got a work-out hauling the 110 lb box into the family room when it was delivered - not to mention getting it out of the box!

Cooker - you are quite a writer. Such encouraging words. I'm suspect of your "remodeling service". My husband keeps offering the same thing and it hasn't worked either.:rolleyes:

Wise - thank you, as always, for your encouragement.

Karlynn said:
I'm hoping the Ref will allow this.:eek: Let me know if I need to send some sort of bribe.;)

The Ref has no problem with this!:) Frankly, I'm discouraged too!:(

But since I'm a glutton for punishment, I'll keep reporting my standstill weight loss!

Congratulations to RobRob, Mr. Runner :p and WiseMan!

Karlynn said:
I'm not going to weigh for a while. I'm so discouraged. I weighed today, and still the same - basically I haven't lost a thing since starting the throw down. I, for the life of me, can't figure out why. I'm being very good. I rarely have anything sweet.

I'm going to try to step up and do my low-carbing in earnest, drink lots of water, and try to work out more. I just bought a Total Trainer Pilates Pro (similar to a Total Gym, but 1/3 the price) and will be adding that to my walking.

I'm trying not to starve myself, because I know this just causes the body to hang on to every calories like a chimp does a banana (Cooker!).

I'm still a full-fledged member - I just won't be weighing in.

SUPERBLOB, uh I mean SUPERBOB suggests that Karlynn and The Ref are not losing because they are near about perfect as is. SUPERBOB has a huge advantage because he needs to lose so much weight. You don't. So don't get discouraged! :) :) :)

Congrats to Wise and SumoRunner and others I may have missed.

RobHol said:
SUPERBLOB, uh I mean SUPERBOB suggests that Karlynn and The Ref are not losing because they are near about perfect as is. SUPERBOB has a huge advantage because he needs to lose so much weight. You don't. So don't get discouraged! :) :) :)

Ah, SuperBob is so sweet! (Where do I send the check?;) )

When I got on the scale this morning I was expecting bad news....even though I felt like I had done well this week. When I saw the scale show 142, I weighed again. Same thing. Still suspicious I moved the scale to another room.....still 142. So....a 5 lb weight loss for me from last week, 4 lb loss from when I started. Yea!

Starting weight........146
Last Week...............147
This week................142
Weekly Change.........-5
Total Loss................-4

Gained a lb.:mad: .and more snow for us tomorrow..No more pie..:eek: ...Could tell the weight gain when I zipped up my jeans this morning..:( ..Hubby/I decided to go for it and redo our bedroom..Paint, tear out old carpet, ect..Got the paint charts today..so, maybe doing that will help with a little exercise...did the 10 day forecast and cold here for that period.....I did get in a little more walking today....Had 1/2 tuna from Subway for lunch........Still..no bread / potatoes..so I know mine (gain) is from NO exercise............5 OClock Atlanta News on now..Getting the salt-trucks ready for this snow coming into North Ga. Bonnie

Still sitting within my usual range....I have the same problem/story as Karlynn...seems no matter how good I am at eating healthily the scales refuse to move downwards. I did manage to lose 4pound last week when I had Tonsilitis, but that went back on as soon as I could swallow food again.

One success to report....this throw-down has kept me from bingeing on brownies and caramel slice etc...and its so tempting with the kids on holidays to bake them a treat ;) .....I am limiting myself to just 1-2 very small pieces.

160 pounds and steady.

aussigal said:
One success to report....this throw-down has kept me from bingeing on brownies and caramel slice etc...

Me too Ton! Even though the weight isn't coming off, it does keep me honest and feeling like I'm not in this alone!

RobHol said:
SUPERBOB accepts hugs in lieu of checks. ;)

You got it!
bighug.gif

RobHol said:

I think perhaps my numbers will also be fairly good only for the fact that there is soooooo much to remove...:eek: ...i think there is 40 pounds that can easily be removed with some self discipline and moderate exercise...the remaining 20 pounds will be harder and then after that there ain't no amount of excercise thats going to get me much below 200 pounds short of a DIY accident removing a limb :eek:

I got on the scales this morning and was down 2.5 pounds so maybe my Friday weigh was some water gain?? :D It has become painfully clear to me that I have to really watch ?what? I eat:rolleyes: ??I snack and I don?t see myself not snacking so I need to be careful what I snack on.

Is this obvious? Yes.:rolleyes: But I tend to forget that I can?t eat the same amount of Snicker bars as apples, oranges and bananas. So I am talking to myself??listen if you want.:p

cooker said:
I got on the scales this morning and was down 2.5 pounds so maybe my Friday weigh was some water gain?? :D It has become painfully clear to me that I have to really watch ?what? I eat:rolleyes: ??I snack and I don?t see myself not snacking so I need to be careful what I snack on.

Is this obvious? Yes.:rolleyes: But I tend to forget that I can?t eat the same amount of Snicker bars as apples, oranges and bananas. So I am talking to myself??listen if you want.:p

Hey, Cooker, that's good news. Also reminds us that there can be weigh-in fluctuations day to day. What really matters is the long-term trend. We're in it for the long haul and you're doing great.

Back