Cooker's Throwdown Fridy III ... 2-17-12

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hereby decreed by the National Commission of Throwdown Etiquette, it is infinitely illegal to purchase, beg, borrow or steal, larger pants in a valiant, or desperate, effort to relieve anatomical pressure resulting from culinary indulgence.

The Man 'o Steel solves this dilemma with stretch pants. :tongue2::tongue2::tongue2:

The way I interpret the NCTE regulations, Superbob should be pantless. Go ahead, SB, we won't look.:wink2:

NCTE -- National Council of Teachers of English?

or

NCTE -- National Center for Transgender Equality?

or perhaps

NCTE = National Center for Throwdown Equivocation?

Superbob refuses to go pantless until the naked truth is known about this acronym. :tongue2:

Well it's Mardi Gras celebrations here. It's raining and more severe weather is on the way. For the first time the Youngsville Mardi Gras parade scheduled for today has been cancelled however I understand several parties are going to happen regardless.

That also means King cake and part of my weight gain. Tuesday is Mardi Gras and then the cakes go away for another season although you can special order them year round.

Cindy's report for this week:

CINDY:

Starting weight: 153
Last Week: 148.9
This Week: 151.2
Weekly Change: +2.3
Loss for RTSPD: 1.8

NCTE -- National Council of Teachers of English?

or

NCTE -- National Center for Transgender Equality?

or perhaps

NCTE = National Center for Throwdown Equivocation?

Superbob refuses to go pantless until the naked truth is known about this acronym. :tongue2:

The E = Etiquette

Transgender Equality? Maybe we do need to see a picture...hehe

I have had a couple of good days and kept my eating healthy and done pretty well with portion size. Diets don’t work for me so in the future I hope to use the term “diet” to describe what I eat, not a plan of attack on lard-ness:tongue2: ... I am down this morning but was a bit up yesterday which is good ... it reinforces the fact that weight fluctuates even when we eat properly ... at least I’m now on the down side of my SPDR starting weight...:thumbup:

Good Monday to you! I hope everyone had a good weekend! I have had a sugar victory!! Sunday I did not indulge in the donuts (KK) always provided at church:thumbup: .... It’s a Miracle:smile2: ... Coming after you Duffey!!!:biggrin2:

Congratulations on the sugar victory, Mr. Chimp!

Superbob has an appointment with his GP tomorrow and SB is wondering whether to tell him every little thing. Does anyone else ever consider holding back? (Superbob has decided to erase the rest of his Monday morning whine. Was depressing himself - no need to depress everyone else.)

SB is trying to stay active and eat the best he can.

Last edited:
Congratulations on the sugar victory, Mr. Chimp!

Superbob has an appointment with his GP tomorrow and SB is wondering whether to tell him every little thing. Does anyone else ever consider holding back? (Superbob has decided to erase the rest of his Monday morning whine. Was depressing himself - no need to depress everyone else.)

SB is trying to stay active and eat the best he can.

Erasing what you wrote won't get you off the hook. :thumbd:

Yes, you are to tell your GP every little thing. How can you be effectively treated if you don't? And I know you will worry about whatever it is until you do.

Expect to have a lie detector test administered tomorrow afternoon, on this thread.:cool2:

Don't make me travel to SC to straighten both you and Cooker out.:wink2:

Erasing what you wrote won't get you off the hook. :thumbd:

Yes, you are to tell your GP every little thing. How can you be effectively treated if you don't? And I know you will worry about whatever it is until you do.

Expect to have a lie detector test administered tomorrow afternoon, on this thread.:cool2:

Don't make me travel to SC to straighten both you and Cooker out.:wink2:

Superbob reporting in, as ordered by Duffey! :rolleyes: The BIG news of SB's checkup is that he was down 6.5 pounds on the doctor's scales since last visit in October. :thumb up: SB thinks his antiquated scales are not giving him clearly readable weighs, and SB is thinking about recalculating his RTSPD stats to correspond with doc's official totals -- this may put him in the lead. :biggrin2: The doc challenged me to lose another 10 -- and of course the Man of Steel accepts all challenges. :cool:

Yes, SB told all, and thank goodness doc only gave him some Prilosec NOT an order for an endoscopy. He's been worrying about a decline in my hemoglobin, and has had me going to a hematologist to do blood draws to rule out a whole slew of nasty possibilities (various cancers and such). Last November, I wrote him and the hematologist a letter about my Internet research indicating the possibility that one of my blood pressure meds was causing the blood count to drop. Well, guess what -- today he indicated he thinks I am right, and he is substituting a different med for the culprit I identified. He expects my numbers to start climbing when I see the hema-doc next this summer. Of course, if they don't rise or at least stay the same, there may be more testing, but for now I am feeling like ONE SMART INFORMED PATIENT! :wink2:

Sounds like good news doctor Superbob. Spend less time in a doctor's office and more time in the gym and enjoying life, if you get symptoms, go and see a doctor. You will live longer. :biggrin2:

A great big thumbs up regarding your great doctor's appointment! I know you are happy and a good bit relieved!

Yes, except I just retrieved the article that prompted me to point out to the docs that Lisinopril can contribute to anemia only to find out that the med the GP wants to substitute, Losartan, can have the very same effect. ARRGH! It is embarrassing to have to point this out to him, or I am wondering if I should just skip the med altogether and monitor my bp at home to see if it stays in range on its own. (I already take yet another bp med, Carvedilol.) How much is enough? This is frustrating. (Or maybe I just read too much.)

OH well, grumble, grumble, grumble -- Superbob will work this out with the sawbones. Meanwhile, staying relevant, am celebrating the weight loss and am now in the RTSPD to win it!

Last edited:
Just a suggestion . . . you might discuss the medication with your pharmacist. With a little luck, the pharmacist will contact the doctor, or his office nurse, and make a recommendation for a different drug.
Even if the pharmacist doesn't contact the doctor, the conversation provides an opening for you to then mention it to your doctor. Blame it on the pharmacist!:wink2:

Good job on the weight loss!:smile2:

Good job all around!:smile2:

Just a suggestion . . . you might discuss the medication with your pharmacist. With a little luck, the pharmacist will contact the doctor, or his office nurse, and make a recommendation for a different drug.
Even if the pharmacist doesn't contact the doctor, the conversation provides an opening for you to then mention it to your doctor. Blame it on the pharmacist!:wink2:

Good job on the weight loss!:smile2:

Good job all around!:smile2:

Thanks, Duffey, good suggestion, but there doesn't seem to be another drug that will do the same things. So maybe since it took so longer for Lisinopril's bad effects to kick in, maybe it will be so with the new med, too. Will keep checking.

I am continuing to have a good mind set food wise. Very pleased that the beast is contained. With me, once I get there and don't let myself have a three or four day binge, I can hang. I need to join the other healthy exercisers, still the most lacking element for me. We'll see tomorrow what the scale says.

Also, I watched an episode of "Not My Mama's Meals." I thought he is onto something with his remaking of his family's standards into healthy versions, but still yummy. He made a version of tomato pie that more closely resembled pizza, but looked heavenly. He also made red velvet cupcakes and used beats for the red color instead of food coloring. Now, I am NOT a beat lover, but I might have to try that out just to see what it's like. One cupcake was not bad in calories. Just my mental meanderings. Good night!

Latest posts

Back