Cooker's Throwdown Fridy III ... 2-17-12

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cooker

Chillin, just chillin....
Supporting Member
Greetings Losers and in my case, GAINERS:eek2: .... Not going to get down on myself, not going to make any predictions for next week and I’m not making excuses ... One thing I do know is that I’m a stress eater and I have a ton of stress going on .... I’m ok, I just have some close friends that are in trouble and there’s not much I can do except love them and keep them in my prayers ...

On a brighter note I am walking Monday thru Friday and overall feeling pretty good ... Years back when I treated stress with Vodka and cigarettes I weighed in at 175 ... seeing that treatment plan is no longer an option I guess I will just keep walking and trying to watch out for the munchies ... peace out...:cool2:

2012 Race To St Paddy’s Day Start Weight: 226.5
Today's Weight : 223.0
Race Stats: -3.5

Last edited:
Glad you aren't down on yourself. Keeping a good attitude is the most important part. You're exercising too. Cindy and I read recently that exercise is the most important part of the health equation. If we are obese and exercise regularly, we can be healthy that a thin person who does not exercise. Go figure.

I think I will weigh tomorrow. Tempted to report today since I'm down a little less than a pound, which is good for V week.

Glad you aren't down on yourself. Keeping a good attitude is the most important part. You're exercising too. Cindy and I read recently that exercise is the most important part of the health equation. If we are obese and exercise regularly, we can be healthy that a thin person who does not exercise. Go figure.

I think I will weigh tomorrow. Tempted to report today since I'm down a little less than a pound, which is good for V week.

Me thinks that you snuck in the backdoor and called TheChimp obese ... I know you and Cindy are not obese so you must have been declaring TheChimp a lard-ass ... that’s what I love about you Wise, you calls em like you sees em:tongue2:

Last edited:
Very good not to get down on yourself, Mr. Chimp. We do the best we can and go forward. Great with the exercising -- the Kentucky Flash makes an excellent point about the recent study showing that you're better off carrying some extra weight but exercising regularly than you are being skinny and not exercising (or something to that effect). Superbob is thinking about forming a club -- Obese Exercisers United. :p

Seven years ago today, at a hospital just outside Washington, D.C., Superbob was in a five hour surgery to replace not only a very leaky valve but the aortic root. Did our own Duffey coin the word "valversary" for these special anniversaries? SB was fortunate to have a surgeon of exceptional skill who has kindly stayed in touch and reviewed my C-Scans and echoes when there was concern by a new cardio down here that something might be amiss. Turns out it is still working fine, and I am grateful.

Yesterday, SB got a phone call that a biopsy of a place on his back came back precancerous so he is going in this afternoon to have that taken care of. These things seem to be handled pretty routinely, and it is another blessing to have a dermatologist who is alert to these things. Also SB is still being seen by a hematologist who is sleuthing a gradual decline in hemoglobin levels -- hoping by time I see him again in June that that the h&h has stabilized or even improved. So life is full of challenges. We are blessed with each new dawn and we step forward and do the best we can.:thumb up:

As for weight, SB appears to be up 1 more pound -- not surprising considering the family dining at Outback on Valentine's Day, and a bit of candy sampled. Bought some no-sugar-added Breyer's yesterday as my treat going forward.

For the RTSPD, SB is down a net of just 1 pound. Maybe the competition will heat up as we head to March. :D

Happy 7th Valversary SB! Also, glad your dermatologist is on top of things! Continued prayers regarding the blood levels!

Happy Valversary SB!

I'm NOT getting on the scale for a few days. I must recommit to my diet, starting today, after indulging in Valentine's Pizza (hey, it was what I WANTED, and DH is ever accommodating), plus candy and a few bites of client-provided fried pie from this little bakery in Gainesville, Texas (can you tell I simultaneously love this client and loathe him?). I swear I am right back where I started on January 1. Sigh.

Think healthy thoughts, everyone.

Happy 7th, Superbob! The surgery thread I started for your replacement is one I remember with special affection. :smile2: I do believe I originated the term "valversary", but I can't remember how many years ago that's been. I wonder if we could submit it to Wikipedia?:rolleyes2:

I've had a good week. I didn't lose much, but I've shown steely determination in turning down high calorie items, and I'm on a roll. I'm exercising 4-5 times a week so that's a positive. I'm not absolutely, positively sure I'm going to do it, but I am pre-enrolled for a BELLY DANCING class! It starts next Thursday evening so wel'll see. I took one a few years back but I was having shoulder problems and it was hard to do . . . yes, my belly seems to be somehow connected to my shoulder!:tongue2:

Chimp, how do you feel about belly dancing?:cool2:

Last week: 154.5
This week: 154
Loss for the race: 5 pounds

Happy 7th, Superbob! The surgery thread I started for your replacement is one I remember with special affection. :smile2: I do believe I originated the term "valversary", but I can't remember how many years ago that's been. I wonder if we could submit it to Wikipedia?:rolleyes2:

I've had a good week. I didn't lose much, but I've shown steely determination in turning down high calorie items, and I'm on a roll. I'm exercising 4-5 times a week so that's a positive. I'm not absolutely, positively sure I'm going to do it, but I am pre-enrolled for a BELLY DANCING class! It starts next Thursday evening so wel'll see. I took one a few years back but I was having shoulder problems and it was hard to do . . . yes, my belly seems to be somehow connected to my shoulder!:tongue2:

Chimp, how do you feel about belly dancing?:cool2:

Last week: 154.5
This week: 154
Loss for the race: 5 pounds

Belly Dancing --- YES!!! Pictures, we simply must have pictures! They will go in the same album as the nekkid midnight swimming. ;):p

War!!

War!!

Ok gang I am changing the way that I report in. I will be weighing everyday and editing the starting post of the thread and entering my daily weight along with my race stats. This weekly weigh in is not working so I will try daily accountability. It works on other things for me so why not eating!!

I've been eating way too many unhealthy food lately, I'm surprised that I'm down 1 pounds this week.
Need to be a good boy again. Have a nice weekend boys and girls.

Last week: 164
This week: 163

Well I'm back. Had too much fun in Nashville, Valentine and just terrible eating habits. I am right back to where I was before the race 5 lbs up. It pains me to have to report.

Happy 7th Bob

Well I'm back. Had too much fun in Nashville, Valentine and just terrible eating habits. I am right back to where I was before the race 5 lbs up. It pains me to have to report.

Happy 7th Bob

I feel your pain Marie!!! Just start today and get it off before it becomes too "comfortable" ... As for me I wish there was a law against buying bigger pants!!! ...

PS. we are going to try another meet-up this Fall ... keep it in mind!

I'm correcting my Throwdown math today. My last week's post stated the wrong start weight. Following is the correct starting weight with today's weigh in:

WISE:

Starting Weight: 187.3
Last Week: 187.2
This Week: 186.2
Weekly Change: -1
Loss for RTSPD: 1.1

My previously reported starting weight was actually from the point when Cindy and I got back on track, my high weight being 192.7. From that point I've lost 6.5, but for the race it's 1.1. TMI, I know.

Cindy has a harder week as far as food. I'll report her weight later after I get her to remind me what she weighed this morning.

Earline, don't feel embarrassed with us. We've all been there and probably will be there again. We're all human, that is except for SB, of course!

Hereby decreed by the National Commission of Throwdown Etiquette, it is infinitely illegal to purchase, beg, borrow or steal, larger pants in a valiant, or desperate, effort to relieve anatomical pressure resulting from culinary indulgence.

Latest posts

Back