Cooker's Throwdown Friday IV ... 9-23-11

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cooker

Chillin, just chillin....
Supporting Member
Rain!!! We have rain!!! ... I hope all are well:smile2: ... My weight is just exasperating; up and down, up and down:rolleyes2: ... I'm at 210 this morning and I can account for every ounce ... I'm off this morning to complete my yearly physical (no surprises expected) and I'm going to ask the doctor if she has a magic potion that does not include diet and exercise:tongue2:

Sprint To 11-11-11 Starting Weight: 207.5
Today's weight: 210 (0.0953 Metric Tons:eek2:)

Superbob was diverted by a preschool grandkiddie to make Pop-Pop pancakes this morning, and you've got to eat some for quality control, you know.;) Soooooo, the Man of Steel will weigh in tomorrow morning, metrically of course. :thumbup: Play on!

Well the doc said I was in good shape ... she didn't even mention my weight so I went to Chili's for lunch and, well you know the rest ... Diagnosis: Asthma ... Started me on Spiriva and kept me on Advair ... wants me to stay on it for six months but also said if I did not feel like I needed it I could stop ... anyway it seems that TheChimp will live to swing another day:biggrin2:

Sorry to hear about the asthma diagnosis Cooker. Prayers for continued improvement and good health being offered.

Sorry about the asthma diagnosis, Tom. One of the kids had it, and grandson Charlie has it too. I know a good respiratory therapist if you have any questions.:tongue2:

So what happened last week, to explain my prolonged absence, I had the colonoscopy and then I had the CAT scan which resulted in 3 days off the diuretic. When I weighed last Thursday am, before leaving town on Friday, I was up 4 pounds.:eek2: I was so aggravated that I decided not to post to the Throwdown. I don't take a mulligan very often, but I did this time. It had been a very stressful 10 days, and I decided to bail!:redface2:
Things are now back to normal, and the scales show it.

Starting weight: 157
This week: 154.5
Loss 2.5

I see the GI doctor tomorrow morning for the results of the scan. I don't think it will be anything earth shattering, but I hope to have a medical name to attach to what's been going on. Only one thing I'm sure of . . . it's not asthma!:biggrin2:

Great to see you back, Duffey; you were missed -- you're entitled to a mulligan from time to time, as are we all. Hope your further medical reports are positive. Doesn't it seem like we spend a crazy amount of time waiting for results of the next test -- and there always seems to be a next one. :eek::D

Sorry about the asthma diagnosis, Tom. One of the kids had it, and grandson Charlie has it too. I know a good respiratory therapist if you have any questions.:tongue2:

So what happened last week, to explain my prolonged absence, I had the colonoscopy and then I had the CAT scan which resulted in 3 days off the diuretic. When I weighed last Thursday am, before leaving town on Friday, I was up 4 pounds.:eek2: I was so aggravated that I decided not to post to the Throwdown. I don't take a mulligan very often, but I did this time. It had been a very stressful 10 days, and I decided to bail!:redface2:
Things are now back to normal, and the scales show it.

Starting weight: 157
This week: 154.5
Loss 2.5

I see the GI doctor tomorrow morning for the results of the scan. I don't think it will be anything earth shattering, but I hope to have a medical name to attach to what's been going on. Only one thing I'm sure of . . . it's not asthma!:biggrin2:

Good job .... keep us posted on the results!!!

Have lost 3+ in under 2 weeks....ON MY WAY!!! Feeling good just getting this started! YAY!

S.

Good for you! Glad you have joined us!

Latest posts

Back