Cooker's Throwdown Friday IV ... 10-7-11

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Superbob is not only throwing in the towel, he is shipping CanoeBob a truckload of the South's finest delectations to help him celebrate between now and 11-11-11, including pralines and pecan logs from Stuckey's, and a whole bunch of fresh-baked pecan pies. Throwing in several boxes of Moon Pies, too. Enjoy, CanoeBob! ; )

Yep - CanoeBob is putting us all to shame - but you go guy! Good for you. I don't think I have ever wanted to go to church so badly as to have to bike 60 km round trip!:angel:

OK - I weighed and it is very very sad.

Starting weight for Race to 11/11/11: 210.2
Today's weight: 212.9
Gain for race: 2.7 :mad:

Did you see the Longhorns play on Sat.? If so, you understand completely why I had to drown my sorrow in food and drink. Oh my...... gotta get serious. I hope some of CanoeBob's willpower rubs off on me.

I say we need to all make a pact to be straight as an arrow this week - summon your willpower - do all you can do. I started today (again).

Last edited:
I am late posting my weight so sorry boys/girls... This week I'm flat still stuck at 162lb..

Wow, Canoebob you are really kicking our butts ! Keep up the good work.

Superbob is not only throwing in the towel, he is shipping CanoeBob a truckload of the South's finest delectations to help him celebrate between now and 11-11-11, including pralines and pecan logs from Stuckey's, and a whole bunch of fresh-baked pecan pies. Throwing in several boxes of Moon Pies, too. Enjoy, CanoeBob! ; )

Ooooooh, good idea Superbob!:wink2::thumbup:

My Catchup friends!! I have know idea what a moon pie is, there isn't a Stuckeys in Canada (sounds like a good thing). I do however love pea can pie (Canadian pronunciation rather than Puh Kawn, American) I got corrected when in Myrtle Beach. I know better than to dream of pie as it may be an American plot to sabatoge my loss. I have always wanted a good recipe for Okra, Collard Greens and Grits, way far more healthy for me.

Bob

My Catchup friends!! I have know idea what a moon pie is, there isn't a Stuckeys in Canada (sounds like a good thing). I do however love pea can pie (Canadian pronunciation rather than Puh Kawn, American) I got corrected when in Myrtle Beach. I know better than to dream of pie as it may be an American plot to sabatoge my loss. I have always wanted a good recipe for Okra, Collard Greens and Grits, way far more healthy for me.

Bob

CanoeBob, the Canadian pronunciation of pea can pie is considered a rather southern one here in the states. That's how Georgians pronounce it. Had no clue that Canucks were southerners at heart. Further proof: the desire for okra, collard greens and grits. Grits, I like (but with sugar and butter), the other two are way too southern for me. hehehe.

Bob

What, Superbob sabotage the diet of a fellow Throwdowner? Never happen. :p Surely Chief Cooker will testify that those truckloads of Krispy Kremes SB sent his way were purely nuggets of good will, not weapons of mass aggregation. :eek2::p

Rhena is correct: Pee Can is placed under the bed in old farmhouses for middle of the night relief. ;)
But I will never get used to saying Puh Cahn pie !!

So, how does Bina say pecan? The two most popular pronunciations have been eliminated. This could be interesting!

Rhena, that just goes to show that just when you thought you had something figured out, you don't. Who would've thought that Texas would pronounce pecan the northern way? hehehe

So, how does Bina say pecan? The two most popular pronunciations have been eliminated. This could be interesting!

Rhena, that just goes to show that just when you thought you had something figured out, you don't. Who would've thought that Texas would pronounce pecan the northern way? hehehe

Texas is not in or of the South. Texas is a Republic unto itself. :wink2:

Latest posts

Back